Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roelvandeven
Partner - Contributor III

QDF 1.6.0 support with Sense November 2018

Dear Group,

This week we updated the Qlik Sense server of a client (who is using QDF version 1.6.0) to the November 2018 release.
That resulted in non of the scripts running anymore. There is no crash of the script, it just stops.

script snippet.PNG

On this server there are more than 500 applications and non of them crashed, but non of them had data included as the script just stopped. All on the same location as shown in the image. 

Does any of you have similar experience or have a clue what the root cause could be?

We are looking to upgrade QDF to the latest version, but we still need to test-run that upgrade and see if it has impact on our production environment.

Thank you,

Roel

1 Solution
10 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I downloaded the latest Qlik Sense desktop today and experience the same thing with QDF 1.7.2.

The roumor is that it is a bug in the November 2018 does not handle include-files with an initial block comment very well.
@Magnus_Berg: Do you know anything about this?

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Vegar, I noticed the same thing and updated QDF 1.7.2 with an empty ; first in every include file, hoping that this would fix the problems. Vegar could you please download QDF 1.7.2 again and check if  Qlik Sense is still crashing? If yes, send what include it's crashing on.
Regards
Magnus

roelvandeven
Author

Hello Magnus,
In our project all files are empty too, as we store and drop all tables at the end of the script. I don't know if this is what you mean as well and if helps you in investigating the problem.
Regards,
Roel
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Not really I meant that I have updated the QDF scripts to include ";" before the rem "/*" this as a bug have been introduced in Sense November 2018 preventing scripts that starts with a rem to be executed.image.png

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I debugged init and found two problem files. I fixed them and created a pull request in GitHub for you to look at @Magnus_Berg .

The code below are making trouble 

;
/*
Comment
*/

I've changed it to  

//
// Comment
//

This solution seems to work for me.

roelvandeven
Author

Hello @Vegar,

Did the solution of @Magnus_Berg solved it for you?
I need to plan the upgrade of the server at our customer and that can only be done when QDF works Ok with November 2018 release.
Thank you for the feedback.

Regards

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes, if you change the initial block comment for all files in the /* ... */ in the vG.SubPath then the problem was solved for me.  (It is important that you make sure to update your Shared container if you have one)

Most of the issues is fixed in the latest commit to GitHub https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework. However one file, the  4.GenericContainerLoader.qvs  contains an error. Three comment rows are accedentaly left uncommented in the script. See the red marked rows below. I've made @mbg aware of it so it should be fixed soon. 

// ____________________________________________________________
// Deployment Framework BaseVariable 4.GenericContainerLoader//
//  All path are based on vG.BasePath                        //
//  This script is used to connect to any container          //
//___________________________________________________________//

This script should only be accessed via the LCGV function
 SUB LCGV(‘Container Path Name’,['Optional Single Folder']);
Example: call LCGV('1.AcmeStore');
*/

I'm not really concerned about the QDF at this point, as the core of this problem is not QDF-related it is Qlik Sense related. The handling of include and/or block comments has changed in November 2018 so you could experience this problem in other situations as well. Hopefully there will be a fix for this in the next service release. @Magnus_Berg do you know anyting more about this?