Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

QDF Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

integrated development environment (IDE) and Qlik

An integrated development environment (IDE) is a programming environment that has been packaged as an application program. The IDE may be a standalone application or may be included as part of one or more existing and compatible applications. The suggested environment in this document blends several components together into a complete development experience including version control and multi-development support.

Development and version-control is based on Qlik Include scripts (qvs) that is reusable across multiple applications and can easily be moved between environments. The developer can create reusable sub functions and script snippets or global variables reused across several applications. Global variables can be used to store common formulas, expressions, color scheme or descriptive text. The enabler for this is Qlik Deployment Framework (QDF) and its reusable code structure. IDE development is done using an external editor, in this document Sublime text editor or Visual Studio Core. These IDE’s integrates with both QlikView and Qlik Sense that will share scripts, functions and global variables.

6 Replies
flanfranco
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

This is great!!
Thanks!!!

aritting
Creator
Creator

Thanks.  The Redmine section is interesting. I would like to seem more about that if you are using it with you qlik development.

Not applicable

How is this linked with the possibility to create -prj folder which generates also a LoadScript.txt file?

Is the -prj folder still supported by Qlik?

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Daniel, you can still create prj files and uses these for version control, there is even a script (under 6.Script\1.Create-prj) in each QDF container to create the prj-folders. The reason to move scrips out of Qlik if for reusability and interoperability between QlikView and Qlik Sense.

Hope that this helps.

Regards

aritting
Creator
Creator

Hi Magnus, Thanks for this article. It has inspired me to figure out a solution where all my development is now controlled by git and I use bitbucket linked to Jira to control my project.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We use Git with bitbucket in the paste was nice but the problem comes with Sense and apps GUIDS

So we switch to ebiexperts VM4Qlik that integrates QlikView and Sense in the same tool, it is a real IDE and includes versionning, visual compare, data lineage, and deployment. The deployment is really helpfull for sense and help us in a great way. It have been integrated with our old QliView QDF structure also

Nicolas