Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eber_fior
Contributor
Contributor

QDF with the Dropbox connector

Good afternoon

Can someone help me with the following inconvenience?

Recently I was trying to use the Drobox connector with QDF without success. In other words, my intention was to use QDF in QlikCloudBusiness and for that I deployed the structure of QDF in a folder in the Dropbox cloud.

Finally I created a connection pointing to the root folder of the QDF which although I called Root was renamed to

Root (qlikcloud_qlikid_eber.fior)

1.png

Although I edited this connection by removing (qlikcloud_qlikid_eber.fior) so that only Root remains, this did not work in QlikCloudBusiness as in Qlik Server and was left with the name Root (qlikcloud_qlikid_eber.fior)

Independently of the previous thing, the connection worked correctly, as it is visualized in the image

2.png

and when navigating over it, you can see the structure of the QDF

3.png

then I try to initialize the framework

4.png

But without success. Here is the detail of the debugger

5.png

If I replicate the operation in QlikSenseDesktop with a local folder, everything works correctly.

If I replicate the operation in QlikSenseDesktop but with the Dropbox folder, it presents the same inconvenience as in QlikCloudBusiness, informing that it can not find the file

Therefore I assume that the problem is associated with the Dropbox connector or some configuration error of mine

Thanks for your help

regards

Eber Fior

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

As I recall external script (.qvs) files doed not execute in cloud making it impossible. Regards Magnus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

QDF is not designed to work with Dropbox, and I don't think load scripts (.qvs) is intended to work in dropbox. Regards Magnus
eber_fior
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Magnus

I decided to try using the DropBox connector for the QDF, since the QlikCloudBusiness service does not allow using the "Folder" connection type. It has something similar with DataFiles, but for files, instead of folders.

Is there any way to use QDF in QlikCloudBusiness?

From already thank you very much!!

regards

Eber Fior
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

As I recall external script (.qvs) files doed not execute in cloud making it impossible. Regards Magnus

eber_fior
Contributor
Contributor
Author

All right, Magnus.

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Eber