cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView Upgrade for Clustered Servers

I'm preparing to upgrade our QlikView environment for 11.2 SR7 to SR16. I have two clustered servers with the deployed content sitting on an RDS share. Is there anything I need to consider relative to the share? I assume when I restart the servers deployed content will be upgraded and source documents will be upgraded when reloaded. I have done several upgrades with no issues, I want to make sure that I don't miss anything relative to the clustered servers. The servers were clustered roughly a year ago, this will be the first upgrade in a clustered environment.

All responses are appreciated,

Thank You,

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

No issues. The update was perfect. We needed approximately 30 min to install the new release on all the 4 server that we have in our QV infrastructure. Keep in mind to stop all QV services before start installing. Think also about to update the the QV plug in for IE at all clients in case of using it. The other steps are trivial.

BR

Rumen

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Daniel,

We have a Clustered environment in QV and made an Update from 11.2 SR 13 to SR 15 two months ago. We did not have any problems.

BR

Rumen

dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank  you for your response. I have decided to upgrade to SR15 instead of SR 16. Have you had any issues with SR15?

Thanks You,

Dan

vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

No issues. The update was perfect. We needed approximately 30 min to install the new release on all the 4 server that we have in our QV infrastructure. Keep in mind to stop all QV services before start installing. Think also about to update the the QV plug in for IE at all clients in case of using it. The other steps are trivial.

BR

Rumen

dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you good to hear you have not tripped over any issues with SR15.

We always do a silent install of the Plugin as soon as we take the servers offline for the upgrade. I'm curious do you uninstall the pervious Plugin? I know it was an issue in the past is this step still required?

vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

No! QV 11.2 has a very good installer. Uninstallation step is not necessary. We have updated two times inside the version 11.2 without any problems or issues.