Qlik Community

Qlik Deployment Framework

This group has been created to host, centralize and collect everything related to the Qlik Deployment Framework (QDF). QDF provides a set of best practices, libraries and utilities that facilitate the recommended setup and management of QlikView and Qlik Sense environments. Please note that an understanding of the Qlik platform is recommended before joining this group.

Highlighted
saimeenakshi_sa
Contributor

Question on Log file and QVD

Dear all,

1. I have created an application using QDF. I reloaded the file, but unable to get logfile.txt. What could be the reason for logfile.txt not being generated?

2. I am using two different DB`s (though the table structures are same). Two .conn files for the connection strings for two databases are used. The table data are concatenated upon reload. I am using two tabs in script editor for the loading table data from these two DB`s. I placed my STORE <Table> into <Table.qvd>(qvd); statement after the data loading script of the second database. Kindly clarify if this is correct approach.

Kindly clarify

Regards,

Sai

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Question on Log file and QVD

Hi Saimeenakshi, are you using Qlik Sense or QlikView? In QlikView Log files are enabled in the document properties,as seen below.Clipboard02.png

And in Qlik Sense desktop logfiles are stored under Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

Hope that this helps.

regards

Magnus

2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hi Saimeenakshi, are you using Qlik Sense or QlikView? In QlikView Log files are enabled in the document properties,as seen below.Clipboard02.png

And in Qlik Sense desktop logfiles are stored under Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

Hope that this helps.

regards

Magnus

saimeenakshi_sa
Contributor

Hi Magnus, thanks for your reply, i am usin QlikView 12. Now i am getting the log file