Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Video 2 - Using the Variable Editor to Create 'Containers'

This video walks you through the creation of your project / resource containers with the Container Map Editor found within the QlikView Variable Editor application tool.

Previous Video: Video Link : 1135

Next Video: Video Link : 1148

NOTE: View in full screen for best results. It seems that video quality will vary due to your connection speed. This is being streamed from Jive (QlikCommunity) - if it turns out the video is difficult to view or if you are having buffering problems, please let us know.

You can view a YouTube version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuXCAyLwC-U&feature=youtu.be

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for doing video tutorials.  I read through the documents but had a tough time grasping the workflow.  This is helping a lot.  Can't wait for all of them!

Not applicable

Not sure if I missed a step...

On the Container Map Editor, I am missing the Base Path Variable column. Should I have and use this column/property?

MyContainerMapEditor.png

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Tam, no you only need to add physical container name and the prefix (identifier) name. The base path variable was there before to present the container variable name, but that was more confusing than helpful. Best regards /Magnus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this helpful video tutorial.

I'm having some troubles getting start with the containers logic; i had just installed the version 1.5 of QDF, i followed exactly, the steps you mentioned in the video, but i'm getting error, please see the attached screen-cast :

1.PNG

2.PNG

Thanks

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Hassan, it's probably the enhanced security settings in later QlikView versions. Please read Security enhancements in QlikView SR13 and QlikView 12

Best regards

Magnus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Magnus,

Thanks a lot.