Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Warning! Variable Editor Could not find Development Framework Core. This application will not work.

Hi,

I've tried to create new containers using the variable editor in Framework but I get the following error message per screenshot below. Any insights would be appreciated!

error.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Jin, it's probably windows User Access Control UAC that is blocking. You need to right click on the VariableEditor.qvw file and run as admin. Hope this helps.

CHeers

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Jin, it's probably windows User Access Control UAC that is blocking. You need to right click on the VariableEditor.qvw file and run as admin. Hope this helps.

CHeers

Not applicable
Author

I'm having the same issue, running as admin did not solve the problem. any Ideas?

More Info:

the error message flashes briefly then disappears.  the variable editor would work but I was not able to create any variables.  the macro would run but the variable are not actually created.

I installed QDF as an extract.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, that sounds strange. Variable Editor should work fine if allowed by UAC. Variable Editor need to be stored inside the container, if executed outside you will get your errors mentioned, check that out.

But I believe that its still UAC (or other security restrictions) that's the problem, you could try this command line script suggestion:

UAC Command line script example

Here is an example how to get around UAC, in this case create a command line script and place it in 0.Administration container base path (next to Variable Editor shortcut). Right click on the cmd file and select Run As Administrator.

This one works with UNC path as well

@echo off

:: Change VEPath if Deployment Framework structure is modified

SET VEPath=\6.Script\2.VariableEditor

:: Mount folder in VEPath

pushd "%~dp0%VEPath%"

:: Execute VariableEditor.qvw

VariableEditor.qvw

:: Unmount folder

popd

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!. I tried that, the variable editor opens up and so far the error message did not show up.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Magnus, your solution works and the conflict is resolved!

Just one more quick question if you don't mind -  Do I need to have the Variable Editor intact as it was initially installed or am I permitted to save it after new containers have been created/reloaded?

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Jin, glad that it worked.

You can save the app if you like, that's recommended first time in use (to get rid of security questions). After that you do not need to save as all data in the app will be reloaded every time you open it.

Best regards

Magnus

bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

My issue was not updating the macro permissions to allow access.

Brad