Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey guys - thanks for taking some time to learn more about Qlik GeoAnalytics. Continuing my series that will make you more familiar with Qlik GeoAnalytics, I'm excited to show you how to use the Binning operation, available within the Qlik GeoAnalytics connector. Think of the Binning operation as a way to cluster or consolidate multiple location points into a defined boundary. When colored by a particular measure, such as count of the number of locations in that particular defined boundary, you can easily see where areas of concern or progress are; allowing you to immediately focus your attention on those areas.

What's Next?

In the next part of this series, we will expand on this example and zoom into the boundary to see the underlying data points. Let me know what you think and please post your comments. If you have specific questions please post them here Qlik GeoAnalytics - our dedicated section in the forums. Myself and others will be available to further assist you.

Qlik GeoAnalytics - The Binning Operation

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Previous Qlik GeoAnalytics blog posts and videos in this series.

Qlik Geocoding - Street Addresses and Qlik GeoAnalytics

Get Familiar with Qlik GeoAnalytics - Custom Info Bubble

Get Familiar with Qlik GeoAnalytics - The "Closest" Operator

Data:

https://data.cityofchicago.org/Public-Safety/Crimes-2018/3i3m-jwuy/data

NOTE: Can't see the video? YouTube blocked by your organization or region? No problem, just download the attached .mp4 file to watch on your computer or mobile device.

Sample .qvf file attached.

4 Comments
rogerioalmeida
Creator
Creator

Congratulations on the video.

A doubt would be possible to create the area of a city according to the latitude and lingitude of the clients using Binning? or would it be another method?

Thanks for the community help.

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Francisco - thanks for your question. Can you elaborate a bit more? - I am assuming you mean - create a boundary of the cities border lines so to speak? Which I believe is known as wards.

Something like this?

Image result for ward city

I believe this is possible - let me play with a few things and I will get back to you.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

rogerioalmeida
Creator
Creator

Hi Michael, that's exactly the idea.

I have the longitude and latitude of several clients and I need to create the area of the neighborhood or city.

Not wanting to abuse if I can make a video after I get my thanks, I'm trying to learn how to use the connectors.

Thanks for the availability and help the community.

0 Likes
rajan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, can anyone provide a link to the next part of the series where drill-down is explained and how to plot the underlying points?

Thank You

0 Likes