Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi guys - continuing my series on making your more familiar with Qlik GeoAnalytics, I build on my previous example where we used the Qlik Geocoding service to grab and plot coordinate points for our video game store street addresses. In this example we will use the "Closest" operator, available from the Qlik GeoAnalyics Connector, to see which stores are the closest to my "home" within in a 30 mile radius. We will even take this to the next level and use a Line Layer to visual depict that distance as well. Watch or download the video and samples to learn more!

8-21-2018 3-12-02 PM.png

Qlik GeoAnalytics - The Closest Operator

Part 3: Get Familiar with Qlik GeoAnalytics - Custom Info Bubble

Regards,

Mike Tarallo - Twitter

Qlik

Can't see the video? YouTube blocked by your region or organization? Download the .mp4 video to watch on your computer or mobile device.

5 Comments
jamelmessaoud
Creator II
Creator II

This is excellent.  Thanks Mike.  Looking forward to the next video regarding the customization of the bubble layers!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jamel - thanks for the praise! It is my pleasure to share what I have learned with you all. You can see the bubble info example right now in this document: Adding a Sense chart into a Qlik GeoAnalytics map info bubble - I will be adding a video spin and providing a few more examples next week!

jamelmessaoud
Creator II
Creator II

I'll certainly check it out.  Thanks for that Mike.

Just starting to use GeoAnalytics now, so want to use it to the full potential!

MarioCenteno
Creator III
Creator III

Forgive my ignorance but why will I get the following error?

qlik maps.png

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Mario - thanks for your question, you would need to have the Qlik GeoAnalytics extension installed. It is available from your local Qlik rep - or the Qlik Customer download site. You do need a licenses for it in order to use the specific visualization object layers found in that package, including the Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector. However, just for reference, if you still need mapping capabilities and have standard city, country, state, region code names in your data - you could use our standard native map component that comes with Qlik Sense which will perform the name to point lookup automatically. Please understand the feature mentioned in this blog / video is specific to the Qlik GeoAnalytics extension package and Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector. Let me know if you have more questions, happy to help.

8-22-2018 12-47-33 PM.png

0 Likes