Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

layout.pngHey guys - I recently was inspired at Qonnections 2018 by our Big Data Qlik IoT Race game, so much so that I had to understand how it all worked and wanted to play with the underlying technology. Aside from gathering the statistics and providing an analysis on the results, I was really interested in learning about those little devices or "things" that were connected to the track. However, how would I use something like that? Not really knowing anything about Arduino, WEMOS and IoT in general, I set out on a mission to learn about this fascinating technology while incorporating somethings I enjoy such as Qlik and retro-gaming. Take a look how I made IoT interesting and fun to learn, by incorporating a Retrogaming spin and of course added some Qlik Sense data analysis.

5-9-2018 9-47-26 PM.png

Atari Action Analysis Dashboard

Thanks guys, hope you enjoyed it. Let me know what you think by leaving your questions and comments. I'll do my best to respond.

Can't see the video? YouTube blocked by your region or organization?

A copy of the video can be downloaded or streamed from here:

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

9 Comments
Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Well played Mike. Well played...

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Todd, with all sincerity that means a lot, thank you.

Ha, "played" - literally in this sense, right?!

0 Likes
Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Literally and figuratively!

prasad_dumbre
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

That's really cool mike 🙂

eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Super cool and interesting, thanks for sharing Mike.

0 Likes
advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Mike tmgInternet of Things - A Retro-gaming Perspective (video)‌ this is interesting, could you please get in touch with me.

Thanks

Advait

0 Likes
advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Could you show the script part ? can we connect raspberry instead of adriuno ? and what protocols are those MQTT ? and how often the data transfer ?

Thanks

Advait

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Advait - sorry for the delay:

• I will attach the Arduino sketch script in this post above.
  • Using Raspberry Pi as a microcontroller - you may find this post interesting:
    https://opensource.com/life/16/3/how-configure-raspberry-pi-microcontroller
  • Not sure what you mean about protocols - Arduino is reading the voltage from the Analog inputs
  • In this case - I am transferring (writing data to SD) in milliseconds.

Note that I am using a few different libraries that I have setup in Arduino.

HTH

0 Likes
samibaceri
Contributor
Contributor

That's quite interesting! I used to be a huge fan of retro-gaming as well, but then I decided to switch to other games like cs go because they turned out to be more entertaining for me. Also, recently I discovered that it was possible to make money by selling cs go skins like mp5 skins, and now it's a great source of additional income for me, so I don't regret switching to cs go.