Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Cloud Business

Qlik Sense Cloud Basic and Plus have achieved rapid adoption across a large, global network of individual users who create, manage and share visual analytics daily among their personal networks. We wanted to extend these capabilities and the simplicity of the cloud to small and medium-sized businesses and project teams within an enterprise. We focused on delivering a business-ready, subscription-based offering that lowers the barrier to entry and provides benefit immediately with no capital costs.

From the tireless efforts of Qlik's superior products team, I am pleased to announce the general availability of Qlik Sense Cloud Business. Qlik Sense Cloud Business is the next edition in our cloud portfolio that adds a new layer of governance, security and control that supports collaboration and helps operationalize analytics in the cloud.

Key features include:

• Group Level Governance
  • Coauthoring Workspace
  • Automated Data Refreshes
  • Cloud Data Connectivity*

12-1-2016 4-01-22 PM.png

Qlik Sense Cloud Business - Member Settings

Rather than go into a lengthy text-wall describing these capabilities, features and benefits I have prepared a few videos that will help you learn more and become familiar with Qlik Sense Cloud Business.

Qlik Sense Enterprise and the AWS Marketplace

Expanding into the cloud does not stop with just Qlik Sense Cloud Business - Qlik Sense Enterprise is also built to run in the cloud (Qlik in the Cloud). Our scalable analytics platform, which can be installed on premise or in the cloud, is now available on the Amazon AWS Marketplace. Our first available offering uses  a BYOL or “Bring Your Own License” model. An existing Qlik Sense Enterprise customer can quickly spin up a server in AWS that already has Qlik Sense Enterprise installed on it. This makes it easier and faster to setup a Qlik Sense Enterprise instance for production, testing or even as a proof of concept for your data visualization platform needs. To learn more visit our dedicated Qlik Community space here.

12-1-2016 4-57-42 PM.png

Qlik Sense Enterprise on AWS Marketplace

Regardless of the edition, Qlik Sense is powered by the patented QIX Associative Indexing Engine and provides the security, scalability, and performance of the industry-proven Qlik visual analytics platform. These latest offerings are two exciting milestones on our path of providing flexible cloud solutions to our customers. Now, whether you’re working independently; across a group or project team; or within a large business, Qlik Sense Cloud and Qlik in the Cloud are readily available to help you create, edit, and share compelling visual analytics in the cloud with confidence. If you haven’t gotten started yet, here to join Qlik Sense Cloud for free today!

*Qlik DataMarket and Salesforce.com with REST connectivity and more coming soon.

Regards,
Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Senior Product Marketing Manager
Qlik

21 Comments
p_van_craenenbr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Michael, what are the key reasons for a prospective customer to still go for Qlik Sense Enterprise Server instead of Qlik Sense Cloud Business: in other words what is still missing and what should a prospect be aware of when he considers Cloud Business?

Peter

0 Likes
p_van_craenenbr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How should a Qlik partner evaluate Cloud Business. Is there a partner subscription free-of-charge that could be used for initial evaluation and possibly demos and proof-of-concepts?

Peter

strohantoine
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

How could I publish a qliksense app on the internet with public access (without any identification) ?

thank,

Antoine

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Antoine,

At the moment, you cannot freely share a full Qlik Sense app without someone being registered. All Qlik Sense Cloud users, both free and subscription-based much register and create an account with Qlik Sense Cloud. However we do offer a capability where you can share an individual semi-interactive chart object from an app as a URL that you can embed in a web page, blog etc. We call that Qlik Sense Charts -  however it does not have the associative experience or full interactive capabilities like the app does. That is where Qlik Sense Enterprise would come in, where you can setup anonymous access rules. Qlik Sense Enterprise is licenses software you can install on premise or in the cloud - as per our AWS offering mentioned in the blog.

For additional information, check these out:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Peter - that is a good question, I will inform our partner manager and someone should be contacting you shortly.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Peter - if you log into Qlik Sense Cloud and click the upgrade button you will see a comparison table of the different editions, there you should see the capabilities. Let me know if you have some specific questions based on what you see.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Peter in answer to:

How should a Qlik partner evaluate Cloud Business. Is there a partner subscription free-of-charge that could be used for initial evaluation and possibly demos and proof-of-concepts?

There currently is no evaluation-version so-to-speak - we offer a 14-day trial where you can cancel anytime. Based on what is offered at the moment, that should suffice to explore the workspace capabilities. Remember, anyone can register for free and use Qlik Sense Cloud basic with no obligation. Depending on the POC - Enterprise vs Business - might be the only solution. Thanks for your question.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

p_van_craenenbr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Michael, I had discoverd that table, but I'd like to have the differences as sharp as possible.

Most descriptions I discovered so far describe what is possible and do not focus on what isn't.

Security goes as far as access (or not) to an app for a user, no further: correct?

Data sources available: Qlik DataMarket, Salesforce and own files. Is there more?

For example, can you connect to your own MS SQL Server database in your MS Azure Cloud? Or to a MS SQL Server database on-premises?

Peter

Not applicable

‌Hi Michael,

does Qlik Cloud Business support section access? If not, is this something to be expected in the near future?

Regards

Jeroen Blanckaert

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Peter - I will address this in an upcoming video. At the moment, only files you upload, Qlik DataMarket Essentials and SF.com with more coming (REST) for example and other cloud-based sources will be possible. We are looking at enabling on-premise sources as well, but I do not have a time-frame on that. For QSCB - security and administration is limited to Group members with Edit / Create Apps / Import Data Access for a Workspace, publishing to a particular stream, and viewing of a particular stream. Owners can create streams, invite members and grant access and also create apps and import data. In short - Enterprise has a very robust management console - that can let you audit, setup multiple nodes for load balancing, manage apps, users, data sources, monitor performance, create custom security rules, etc.

If you have more specific questions - open a discussion in our forums: Qlik Sense Forums

HTH

Mike

Qlik