Skip to main content
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Cloud Business

Qlik Sense Cloud Basic and Plus have achieved rapid adoption across a large, global network of individual users who create, manage and share visual analytics daily among their personal networks. We wanted to extend these capabilities and the simplicity of the cloud to small and medium-sized businesses and project teams within an enterprise. We focused on delivering a business-ready, subscription-based offering that lowers the barrier to entry and provides benefit immediately with no capital costs.

From the tireless efforts of Qlik's superior products team, I am pleased to announce the general availability of Qlik Sense Cloud Business. Qlik Sense Cloud Business is the next edition in our cloud portfolio that adds a new layer of governance, security and control that supports collaboration and helps operationalize analytics in the cloud.

Key features include:

• Group Level Governance
  • Coauthoring Workspace
  • Automated Data Refreshes
  • Cloud Data Connectivity*

12-1-2016 4-01-22 PM.png

Qlik Sense Cloud Business - Member Settings

Rather than go into a lengthy text-wall describing these capabilities, features and benefits I have prepared a few videos that will help you learn more and become familiar with Qlik Sense Cloud Business.

Qlik Sense Enterprise and the AWS Marketplace

Expanding into the cloud does not stop with just Qlik Sense Cloud Business - Qlik Sense Enterprise is also built to run in the cloud (Qlik in the Cloud). Our scalable analytics platform, which can be installed on premise or in the cloud, is now available on the Amazon AWS Marketplace. Our first available offering uses  a BYOL or “Bring Your Own License” model. An existing Qlik Sense Enterprise customer can quickly spin up a server in AWS that already has Qlik Sense Enterprise installed on it. This makes it easier and faster to setup a Qlik Sense Enterprise instance for production, testing or even as a proof of concept for your data visualization platform needs. To learn more visit our dedicated Qlik Community space here.

12-1-2016 4-57-42 PM.png

Qlik Sense Enterprise on AWS Marketplace

Regardless of the edition, Qlik Sense is powered by the patented QIX Associative Indexing Engine and provides the security, scalability, and performance of the industry-proven Qlik visual analytics platform. These latest offerings are two exciting milestones on our path of providing flexible cloud solutions to our customers. Now, whether you’re working independently; across a group or project team; or within a large business, Qlik Sense Cloud and Qlik in the Cloud are readily available to help you create, edit, and share compelling visual analytics in the cloud with confidence. If you haven’t gotten started yet, here to join Qlik Sense Cloud for free today!

*Qlik DataMarket and Salesforce.com with REST connectivity and more coming soon.

Regards,
Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Senior Product Marketing Manager
Qlik

21 Comments
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jeroen - section access / dynamic data reduction is not yet available in QSCB - just Enterprise. I believe they are looking into this as well, but I do not have a time-frame as of yet.

HTH

Mike

nlr-biin_soluti
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Michael,

I'm reading on that link https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/Cloud/app-size-storage-space-clo...that the max app size is 150Mb and storage is 500Gb. Is there a way to increase those limits if we pay for it?

Best regards,

Nicolas

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

tell me what would be the easiest way to estimate cost on AWS environment? The pricing is quite complex I'd say so I'm interested in what parameters would I need to give customer rough estimation of AWS cost.

Many thanks for nay info,

Milan

0 Likes
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

The max app size and storage size are fixed. There is no way in increase them for Qlik Sense Cloud Business.  You can have larger apps and more storage in you are using your own infrastructure (i.e. using Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Sense Desktop).

-Josh

Qlik.

0 Likes
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Milan,

The software side would be token for Qlik Sense Enterprise, which have a list price of $1500 USD / token (prices differ by currency slightly).  For the infrastructure (aka the AWS instance), you will need to select an appropriately sized server for the use case.  One you pick the AWS EC2 instance you can multiply the rate by the time frame you want a cost of (days, months, years).

A Qlik Partner or Qlik sales rep would be able to assist you with sizing your environment to your use case. Please let me know if you'd like someone to reach out to you directly.  If you are just needing a general overview you may find tge Qlik Sense Scalability datasheet or the Qlik Sense Performance Benchmarks paper helpful.

-Josh

Qlik

0 Likes
nlr-biin_soluti

Thanks Josh for your quick answer!

Is it the same compression ratio than QlikView with Qlik Sense (90%)? How much data (rows and columns) can I store in a 150Mb Qlik Sense app on average?

Best regards,

Nicolas

0 Likes
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Yes, the compression ratios would be similar to QlikView.  Note the 90% number is a very rough number of what ends up on disk.  What ends up in memory is more complex and there is also a consideration regarding the amount of RAM required, hence the recommendation to engage with a proper sizing exercise.  In general, a 150 MB app can hold millions of rows of data.  Note the 150 MB app limit is applicable to Qlik Sense Cloud Business.  A Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment on AWS EC2 is limited only by infrastructure you select.

Josh

-Qlik

0 Likes
nlr-biin_soluti

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your answer.

My question was oriented to SMB Enterprises.

What happens if one on my Cloud Business customer has an app with more than 150Mb of data. They are currently paying $25 USD/month and tell them that now they have to pay $1,500 USD/user + infrastructure in AWS EC2 could be not so easy.

How can we manage this type of situation?

Best regards,

Nicolas

0 Likes
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Good communication up front is always recommended, Nicolas.

-Josh

0 Likes
nlr-biin_soluti

Yes it is true!

Thanks a lot Josh for your help and your time.

Best regards,

Nicolas

0 Likes