Skip to main content
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

It’s time! In August we announced Qlik Sense Cloud Business will transition to Qlik Sense Business. Now, Qlik Sense Cloud users can begin to migrate content and users to Qlik Sense Business with a Qlik Sense Business Subscription. The video above and attached PDF can guide you through that process.

Qlik Sense Business, Qlik’s newest SaaS offering, brings the power of Qlik’s third-generation analytics platform to groups, teams, and businesses that want to quickly get started operationalizing analytics and making data-driven decisions. All users get unmatched analytical power, with unique associative exploration and search, AI-powered insight suggestions, and app creation and data prep.  Qlik Sense Business is built on the same cloud-native architecture and highly-scalable cloud service as Qlik Sense Enterprise, ensuring the same consistent, seamless, and powerful experience for all users of cloud editions of Qlik Sense.

All Qlik Sense Cloud users (Business and Basic) must migrate their content to Qlik Sense Business by December 15, 2019, or it will be lost.

Here's what you need to know to prepare:

Qlik Sense Cloud Business Customers on Annual Subscriptions

You will receive two emails this week guiding you to set up Qlik Sense Business. The first email will explain the product change and how to set up Qlik Sense Business.  The second email will include a unique link to set up Qlik Sense Business.  Once you complete the set up process, Qlik Sense Business will be automatically configured to the same number of users and renewal date as your existing Qlik Sense Cloud Business subscription.  You can then begin moving content and adding users to complete the migration. 

You’ll have access to both Qlik Sense Cloud Business and Qlik Sense Business through December 15, 2019 to ensure ample time to smoothly transition your content and users.

If you didn’t receive your set-up email or the link in the email expired, please log a support case.

Qlik Sense Cloud Business Customers on Month-to-Month Subscriptions and Qlik Sense Cloud Basic Customers

Next month you will receive emails with information about how to sign up for a Qlik Sense Business free trial and a limited time offer for 50% off your first annual subscription of Qlik Sense Business (month-to-month subscriptions will not be available). Be sure to follow the instructions in that email to ensure you receive the discount.

Once you sign up for a Qlik Sense Business subscription, you will also have access to both Qlik Sense Cloud Business and Qlik Sense Basic through December 15, 2019 to ensure ample time to smoothly transition your content and users.

To learn more about how to use Qlik Sense Business, visit our Help website, and if you have questions about the transition process, post them down below.

182 Comments
leandersonsc
Contributor
Contributor
Andreas

Exactly! I Think that the genius that work in qlik had the brilliant idea of cut suddenly the access to Qlik Sense Desktop trusting in an only post published on august that all Qlik Sense users will decide migrate to cloud.
0 Likes
gowridog1
Contributor
Contributor

its really good

0 Likes
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II

Could someone please explain the genius that I use the desktop client to work on qliksense apps that my clients use  behind a physical firewall. It makes no sense that I use a cloud service solely for myself.

0 Likes
CesarQuiceno
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

0 Likes
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II

At what point was it communicated that there will be no free Qliksense desktop application anymore?

0 Likes
leandersonsc
Contributor
Contributor
personally, I didn´t see. Anyway I think that Qlik was unfortunate with this migration strategy
0 Likes
QlikTonic
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is scandalous... il have never seen a communication explaining thé end if qlik sense desktop free !

it s not Time for transition... it s Time to stop qlik sense. 

0 Likes
QlikTonic
Contributor III
Contributor III

It s a joke, a guy has pushed on a bad button ! 

0 Likes
squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II
Alas, no joke 😞 There was an announcement on the Support blog in December: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/Changes-to-Qlik-Sense-Desktop-in-2020/ba-p/1... including some transition instructions: December 2019 through January 2020: Free downloads of Qlik Sense Desktop will be removed from Qlik’s websites. During and after this period, Qlik Sense Desktop will still be available via the customer download site. If you do not have access to the customer download site then you can use this temporary download link to get the most recent version of Qlik Sense Desktop and continue free use. During this period there will be no physical changes to Qlik Sense Desktop.
0 Likes
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II
@squeakie_pig : How is this clear. Granted that English is not my native language but a) This is about Downloads and not Usage b) During and after this period Desktop will be available via customer download site. Again: It is about downloading QS. I am also a customer as I have sold licenses to customers and need to do maintenance. c) It is said "continue free use". So where do you read that the free usage of Qliksense desktop has been discontinued? This must be an error. I have never experience such a business practise.
0 Likes