Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

In the age of data and AI, the analytics technologies should live-wire data, just like human brain live-wires synapses

elif-tutuk-pic.pngToday's guest blogger needs no introduction. I am pleased to have Elif Tutuk,Qlik Director of Research, join me on today's edition of the Qlik Design Blog. Today Elif and I have teamed up to bring you an exciting video that highlights the strength and unique capabilities only made possible by the Qlik Associative and Cognitive engines coupled with the power with AI. 

In the digital age, business users need analytics tools that surface anomalies, the unexpected connections in the data. Unfortunately, these unexpected connections would not be seen if the analytics tool uses a relational data layer, where the data is connected by a human based on pre-canned business questions.

As the name applies, relational analytics tools work based on the relationships between data tables, which means the users can only “traverse” in the data based on the pre-defined relationships, which would prohibit them from seeing the unexpected connections defined by the data.

On the other hand, with Qlik’s Associative technology, the connections between data points are defined by the natural associations found in the data, not by the data table relationships defined by a human.

This difference becomes even more important as the analytics technologies start to leverage AI. At Qlik, we are building our AI and Natural Language capabilities with the data layer that “livewires” itself. Let me explain you what I mean by “livewire” by using an analogy from human brain.

Read more here: https://blog.qlik.com/livewired-vs.-hardwired-data