Skip to main content
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

thumb.pngHey guys - what a week we had at Qonnections! If I met some of you while attending, it was a pleasure to meet you in person and I'm glad we had a chance to chat. I look forward to working with you in the Qlik Community.  I also hope you have seen all the great content created by our Qlikies, analysts, partners and colleagues. Be sure to check our corp blog for the latest highlights and references. As we play catch-up and recoup from Qonnections withdrawal, one particular feature made a good impression on many that I spoke with at Qonnections.  So much so I decided to create a Qlik Sense in 60 on it to showcase it.

Within in the April 2018 release of Qlik Sense, you can now publish Qlik Sense apps to - AND - move apps from - Streams directly from within the Qlik Sense Hub. Making it much easier for content admins to share their Qlik Sense apps with the greater community. Check out this quick video to see how it is done:

Qlik Sense in 60 - Publish and Move from Hub

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Can't see the video? YouTube blocked by your region or organization? Download the .mp4 to view on your computer or mobile device.

14 Comments
dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Michael,

I find it an improvement to be able to move apps between streams and not going to the qmc.

However I have some questions in a big enterprise setting:

Do you have an idea how we should use this:

1. with archiving streams.

2. How can we avoid our Work stream to be overcrowded? Is there an option to temporarily turn it off?

3. Can you move or publish to a stream you do not have access to?

Kind Regards,

Dion

0 Likes
roelvandeven
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Michael,

I agree with Dion that April 2018 is again a great improvement of Sense.

I also agree that 'My work' is now overcrowded and that it is not easy to work with. The unpublished I'm working on disappear in the large quantity of published apps. It would be nice if we could filter the published apps from 'My work' or hide them using a security rule.

Kind regards,

Roel

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Great Update.

We need to see how we could approve community sheet without  going through utility tool.

Thanks

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hopefully I'm not giving away anything I shouldn't here, but...

roelvandeven‌ - at Qonnections they demoed the June version and it had a separate folder under My Work for your apps that are published.

jerifortune‌ - that was also in the June release demo! Publish/unpublish sheets to base sheets in a published app!

I'm sure there's more to come, but they're definitely listening to what users want!

jillwoodley
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am also having this problem with the 'My work' area - is there anything that can be done? i now seem to have a copy of every app i have published - I publish to 4 different work streams every month so 'My work' is now crazy

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi All - thanks for this, I have received your comments and questions and will review and reply shortly.

0 Likes
haty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Mike, thanks for the update, and sharing these great new features! I agree with comments above, My Work area is getting packed.

As an administrator of our Qlik Sense environment, the introduction of a Move app capability is very welcomed however I cannot work out how can I move an app (that I do not own) via the QMC. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Simon - correct - this feature is just for ContenAdmins that have created their own work in their work area and have access to publish to streams. Additional app management at this time - still has to be done in the QMC - but I am aware of new hub and workflow changes that will dramatically improve this process. I am getting a preview of these features shortly and hope to share them with you all soon. Thanks for your comments and questions.

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Alex - SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH -- lol - you are correct - I have been made aware of new publish workflow capabilities that are coming soon. SO ideally this will improve the process. I hope to share them shortly in some new videos I am creating.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Roel - yes - see my reply to previous comments, if you have not already - I too am eager to see these changes implemented, hopefully soon.