Skip to main content
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - do you have 4 minutes? Good, then let's forego my normal formalities this morning and jump right into it!

Here are some recent product and resource updates s well as an informal list of features for the next release of Qlik Sense - April 2018.

Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Enjoy,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Links mentioned in the video are:

• Can't see the video?
  • YouTube blocked by your organization or region?

Download the attached .mp4 to view on your computer or mobile device.

24 Comments
joblette
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I really like how the business cloud evolves quickly!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart suggestions is long expecting feature !!!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi guys - thanks for the comments! Yes we are excited too! Regarding April 2018 - I got an early preview, it was pretty sweet!

dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Do I read correctly? Will the grid be changeable?

dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

So jealous to see it in action. Grid resizing and layers on maps are much anticipated.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Dion - thanks for your comment. I did not get into the details as I have little info - but as I understand it, planned improvements will include 3 options for grid sizes. I believe there has to be some limits as it needs to remain true to responsive design and mobile devices. As always, things can change without notice - but I too am excited about this! Stay well.

0 Likes
dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Halving the grid is enough for most uses.

The issue is the number of kpi's you can put on the top level and whether you can symmetrically build up a dashboard (Look at pre-attentive attributes to know why your eyes require this).

Your team have solved half the puzzle already. Looking forward to create amazing dashboards with this toolbox!

Dion

0 Likes
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Dion -  The new grid sizes have been picked in regards to just symmetry and can be set per sheet. That way if you know how many objects you will have either vertical or horizontal you can pick an appropriate size.

Patrik.

0 Likes
dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Perfect!

0 Likes
gkluca82
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Still missing overall styling options, containers or inputbox. We still depend heavily from extensions for "basic" functionalities.