Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

For Qlik Sense 2.1, the Qlik Dev Hub, accessible at https://<ServerName>/dev-hub/ , replaces the Qlik Sense Workbench, formerly accessed by  https://<ServerName>/workbench/ (this will now redirect you to the Dev Hub).  In addition to a brand new user interface layout, the Dev Hub has a couple of new features worth mentioning.

ui-dev-hub-startpage.png

The new user interface has a sleek dark color design, and its layout more closely resembles the Qlik Sense client than its predecessor. The top nav bar has a drop-down menu that provides access to an “About” link, which displays information regarding the Qlik Dev Hub, and a “Help” link, which brings up helpful documentation in a new browser window. There’s an added search functionality also included on the top nav bar which lets you search through your mashups and extensions, which is really useful as your number of them grows. A second nav bar allows filter by “Mashups” or “Visualization extensions.” There is also a “Create new” button that lets you jump right into creating a mashup or extension.

A left-aligned nav bar allows you to choose from “Single configurator,” “Extension editor,” “Mashup editor,” or “Engine API Explorer.” The “Single Configurator” was previously not accessible from the Qlik Sense Workbench, and its inclusion in the Qlik Dev Hub is very convenient. The “Engine API Explorer” was previously known as the “Protocol tester” and has a new look to match the Dev Hub.

The “Mashup editor” has a couple new features. There are now menus on the left and right of the main work area which can be toggled to make the main work area larger.  An added feature I’m very fond of is the ability to create new files for your mashup right from the top nav bar. The “Preview” tab has been improved, and you can now interact with your mashup in addition to dragging and dropping charts, which is a nice improvement because formerly if you had off-canvas chart areas, there was no way to access them to drag and drop charts.

The Qlik Dev Hub comes with quite a few new templates for both mashups and visualization extensions. I highly suggest you try some of these out, I think you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can put together a decent mashup, even with little to no web development skills. Steps below -

1) Navigate to the Qlik Dev Hub, click on the “Create new” button, give your mashup a name, and select either “Basic single page mashup” or “Slideshow mashup” from the dropdown menu.

2) Click the “Create and edit” button and this will open up your mashup in the “Mashup editor” for you.

3) Select an app from the dropdown menu in the left nav, and start dragging and dropping charts into the chart areas.

4) Customize as much as you want by modifying the auto-generated HTML and JS files

I’m going to include a few links to documentation below. If you haven’t tried the new Qlik Dev Hub yet, you should definitely check it out.

Dev Hub at a glance

Mashup Editor

Getting started building mashups with Qlik Dev Hub

3 Comments