Skip to main content
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

Have you already heard about Qlik Sense Cloud?

Borrowing the marketing jargon we could define Qlik Sense Cloud as a place to “create and interact with Qlik Sense apps whenever the need arises. Invite others to do the same in a secure environment. Explore data deeply, reveal connections instantly and see opportunities.”

cloud.jpg

That means you can create and share an app in the Cloud, work collaboratively with up to 5 peers, editing, creating new charts, or even uploading some more data, just as you are used to with Qlik Sense. But it also means an extraordinary opportunity. Qlik Sense Charts is a chance for us to share data insights with everybody, everywhere. The way it works couldn't be more simple, let’s check it out.

1. Create your own app.
    If you already have an interesting app you want to share you could use it by simply uploading it into the Qlik Sense® Cloud, otherwise you can create your app from the Qlik Sense® Cloud.

2. Create a chart you would like to share.
    Create your chart or reuse one you already created, adjust sorting, colors, and all the attributes you would like to set up prior to sharing it.

3. Share it!
    Right click on the chart* and click on share. You will get a popup with the URL to share the chart in your favorite social network or send via email, and also an Embed URL code that will help you place it in your web publication, online magazine, blog post, etc.

cloud1.PNG

If you are curious to see how Qlik Charts looks like and you want to see the charts live please check out the following links:

Single Chart: Qlik Sense Charts: Visualizing MoMA art pieces by Artist 

Embeded Chart:  (Spanish language) Los puntos negros de las multas de estacionamiento: 114 millones de euros en un año | Madrid | EL MU...

Enjoy sharing!

AMZ

*At this point we could share Bar charts, Line charts, Combo charts, Gauges, Maps, Scatter charts, and Treemaps.

6 Comments
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Nice post. I was told some where that this is not so secure , can you pls enlighten me on this.

0 Likes
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

What do you mean by secure? when sharing a chart it will make that chart immediately public and accessible for everyone with the link, but that's the spirit of sharing, isn't it? If you are concerned of someone accessing to your full app, it will keep private in your personal cloud, accessible for no one but you.

0 Likes
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm using the embedded charts in my (Spanish) blog, they're great! Datos con Sentido

However, I've found that the scroll area disappears when I don't have the full screen when sharing the graph. I've detailed it here: Why does the scroll area disappear when sharing a chart?

Do you have any idea on why does this happen?

ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

Thanks a lot for sharing it Sorin, very interesting stuff in your blog.

Regarding your question, it was designed like that, if you read the documentation it said: "The data shown will be a snapshot of the values at the time of the visualization" I think, however, this behavior might change in the future allowing us to share the entire data range within a chart even if it is not visible at the time of sharing it.

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thank you Arturo! The TL;DR applied there

delmak2000
Creator
Creator

Hello Arturo,

Please I believe this option is no more available for Qlik Sense Cloud Free but for Qlik Sense Cloud Business, please can you verify this?

Thanks.

Also, the help links doesn't specifically points it out.

See.....

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/Cloud/share-visualizations.htm?_...

0 Likes