Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee
Spoiler
New version here: Qlik Sense Search Cheat Sheet 

Over the last months hic and jmc have covered in this blog some of the main aspects behind Qlik (QlikView and Qlik Sense) Search capabilities.

Today’s blog post is a short one to share with you a Cheat Sheet I've created with some basic functions and modifiers that users can apply to improve a search within Qlik Sense. Because different places (Assets panel, Dimension and measure selectors) offers different capabilities it's important to notice that this quick reference is intended to searches performed in Filter panels, Tables or Selection items only.

search_miniature.PNG

Find here a print-ready copy of the Qlik Sense Search Cheat Sheet containing all search modifiers available for Qlik Sense.

UPDATES:

New version here: Qlik Sense Search Cheat Sheet 

v1.3 "() String Number Search" added.

v1.2 "- Modifier Search" included.

v1.1 Date search included.

16 Comments
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

Thanks to @Richard & rbecher‌ I've added a number string search section to the cheat sheet. Version 1.3

0 Likes
rbecher
MVP
MVP

But it's not a number string search but a list search. Means, searching for a couple of items. It works for string values too..

0 Likes
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

You mean the pipe, right? Parenthesis only works with numbers, I'll check that to see how can I include it as well.

0 Likes
rbecher
MVP
MVP

‌Without the pipe it is just a list of one item.

0 Likes
adamjwchen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I encountered problem about date search.

>=2015-01-01<2015-02-01 search expression did not work, any idea?

0 Likes
jayanttibhe
Creator III
Creator III

@ArturoMuñoz 

This is cool. But Can you please add additional scenarios mentioned here  by @swuehl 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Compound-Search-demystified/ta-p/1494410

0 Likes