Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

There are a lot of people that use Wordpress as their company's portal. If you are one of these people then, you may find this plugin very useful. You can create a mashup from within wordpress, using the Capabilities API, without writing a single line of code. Just add the settings with the host and the App ID, then the shortcode for the objects that you want and you are done.

Here, I will show you how to do that.

1. First go to your wp admin panel, under "Plugins" click on "Add New" and then search for "Qlik"
    install.png
  2. Click on "Install Now" and then on "Activate"
  3. This will create a "Qlik Sense" settings page, just open that
  4. Settings.png
  5. Here you need to define your host, the Virtual Proxy (prefix) and the App Id, as you would in a regular mashup. If you are planning on using a second app, then add the second app id in "App2 ID".
  6. Save changes.
  7. Then add the shortcode into your posts "[qlik-sense-object id="page1-obj2" qvid="nvqpV" height="400" app2="true"]"

- id: is the unique div id. This is needed especially when you want to display the same object in 2 different instances

- qvid: Is the object id as found in the "dev-hub/single-configurator"
- height: The height of the visualization in pixels
- nointeraction: Add this if you want to disable interactions. If you want the objects to have interaction, you can just omit this.

- app2: Add this if your object is coming from the second app that you have specified in the settings

EditPost.png

• I have added few objects with a specific height in a bootstrap template for better layout. Now, lets preview the page
    Helloworld.pngHelloworld2.png

Make sure you whitelist your url in the virtual proxy.

If you use it and like it, please give it a 5 star in Wordpress.

This is it!

Yianni

In Portuguese: Qlik Sense Plugin para Wordpressby cleveranjos. Thank you Clever!

GitHub - yianni-ververis/qlik-sense-wordpress-plugin: A Wordpress plugin to create a Qlik Sense Mash...

Qlik Branch

54 Comments
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Wow - that's a really neat idea.
Making the integration in a plug-in significantly lowers the barrier of doing this - nice!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This sounds like a great plugin and I can't wait to get it to work. I've checked and rechecked all the settings and I'm 99% sure I have them right. Still nothing. I can embed an <iframe> in a WordPress page but not this. Just wondering if it a version issue. We have not upgraded our server for a while.

Also, would this work with QlikSense Cloud (FREE or Business)?

2017-11-11_170740.jpg

0 Likes
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

jvs‌, may I translate this post and publish it?

0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Yes. Please make sure that you link to the original and add the github / branch accounts

Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

neil.gabin

make sure you have your host correct and just the host. like mydomain.com, not https://mydomain.com/single

also make sure you have your Virtual Proxy right, either "/" or if you named it "/my_virtual_proxy/"

If you are still not able to make it work, send me a screenshot of the console errors (F12)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for following me Yianni. Appreciate it.

Yes I did have the http:// in the Host Name but i have now removed it.

See errors below. Both are from the same laptop and same WordPress post. The first is from Chrome using my personal Google Account and the second is from my Corporate Google account on which we use Okta.

PERSONAL ACCOUNT

2017-11-12_170016.jpg

CORPORATE ACCOUNT

2017-11-12_165937.jpg

Thanks again for your help.

YIC Neil

0 Likes
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Hi Yanni,

We can't get this plugin to work quite yet. I've submitted a report on the github page: qs object not shown in post - Uncaught TypeError: qlik.setOnError is not a function · Issue #1 · yia...

It also seems that when you use the same qs object in two blog posts it won't be rendered on the homepage the second time. Only in the last post (the first shown of the page).

Another limitation is that you can now only use one qs app site wide. It would be great if we could use different qs apps in different blog posts or even multiple apps in the same post.

0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Send me your settings file at yianni.ververis@qlik.com, your qlik.js is not loading so I am assuming its something with your proxy. Did you whitelist the wp page?

I will add the resize() method for duplicate objects on different page

The second app is coming up. Sometime this week

0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Please upgrade to the latest 1.0.5

0 Likes
Gysbert_Wassenaar
your qlik.js is not loading so I am assuming its something with your proxy.

qlik.js is loaded. But perhaps not at the right order?

2017_11_13_08_24_48_sources.png

The proxy settings are fine. Otherwise the plugin wouldn't show the object in the post on the home page of wordpress. But the plugin doesn't show the object on the blog post page itself.

wordpress homepage:

2017-11-13 08_14_46 wp homepage.png

blog post page:

2017-11-13 08_14_46 wp blogpost.png

0 Likes