Skip to main content
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

There are a lot of people that use Wordpress as their company's portal. If you are one of these people then, you may find this plugin very useful. You can create a mashup from within wordpress, using the Capabilities API, without writing a single line of code. Just add the settings with the host and the App ID, then the shortcode for the objects that you want and you are done.

Here, I will show you how to do that.

1. First go to your wp admin panel, under "Plugins" click on "Add New" and then search for "Qlik"
    install.png
  2. Click on "Install Now" and then on "Activate"
  3. This will create a "Qlik Sense" settings page, just open that
  4. Settings.png
  5. Here you need to define your host, the Virtual Proxy (prefix) and the App Id, as you would in a regular mashup. If you are planning on using a second app, then add the second app id in "App2 ID".
  6. Save changes.
  7. Then add the shortcode into your posts "[qlik-sense-object id="page1-obj2" qvid="nvqpV" height="400" app2="true"]"

- id: is the unique div id. This is needed especially when you want to display the same object in 2 different instances

- qvid: Is the object id as found in the "dev-hub/single-configurator"
- height: The height of the visualization in pixels
- nointeraction: Add this if you want to disable interactions. If you want the objects to have interaction, you can just omit this.

- app2: Add this if your object is coming from the second app that you have specified in the settings

EditPost.png

• I have added few objects with a specific height in a bootstrap template for better layout. Now, lets preview the page
    Helloworld.pngHelloworld2.png

Make sure you whitelist your url in the virtual proxy.

If you use it and like it, please give it a 5 star in Wordpress.

This is it!

Yianni

In Portuguese: Qlik Sense Plugin para Wordpressby cleveranjos. Thank you Clever!

GitHub - yianni-ververis/qlik-sense-wordpress-plugin: A Wordpress plugin to create a Qlik Sense Mash...

Qlik Branch

54 Comments
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Thank you Clever, nice job!!!

Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Version 1.1 supports 2 apps.

Gysbert_Wassenaar
  1. Then add the shortcode into your posts "[qlik-sense-object id="page1-obj2" qvid="nvqpV" height="400" app2="true"]"

The div id is a good id. I think you should also add appid to the shortcode. Otherwise you can only use two apps (now, unless you add more options in the plugin) in wordpress. That would likely mean that older blog posts will stop working since a newer blog post needs to get objects from a newly created qs app and there are only two slots. So you have to remove the reference to an older app. Or you'd have to create some kind of monster app that contains all the objects and data that you ever want to show in wordpress posts.

Thanks btw for the effort you put in this plugin. It's is going to be totally awesome once the kinks are straightened out!

0 Likes
emmagillemergo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Yianni,

Does this work with the Qlik Analytics Platform as well? We are having some trouble getting it set up

0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Yes that is how we are using it.

What is the issue and send me your console screenshots.

0 Likes
emmagillemergo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

it appears our QAP is on a http connection, not https, which is causing an error and no response

error-wp-plugin-console.PNG

0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

For those that experience issues like the website is broken, you may want to try and upgrade to 1.1.2. I changed the loading order of the css to load first and then the rest of your Theme.

0 Likes
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've updated the plugin to 1.1.3 and wordpress to 4.9. I still get the same error Uncaught TypeError: qlik.setOnError is not a function

0 Likes
Gysbert_Wassenaar

For those that still get errors...

I've created a small patch that makes sure the QS Plugin stuff is loaded and executed after wordpress does its own things: Update qlik-sense.php to load js at end of body Pull Request #2 · yianni-ververis/qlik-sense-wordpre...

Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

0 Likes