Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

There are a lot of people that use Wordpress as their company's portal. If you are one of these people then, you may find this plugin very useful. You can create a mashup from within wordpress, using the Capabilities API, without writing a single line of code. Just add the settings with the host and the App ID, then the shortcode for the objects that you want and you are done.

Here, I will show you how to do that.

1. First go to your wp admin panel, under "Plugins" click on "Add New" and then search for "Qlik"
    install.png
  2. Click on "Install Now" and then on "Activate"
  3. This will create a "Qlik Sense" settings page, just open that
  4. Settings.png
  5. Here you need to define your host, the Virtual Proxy (prefix) and the App Id, as you would in a regular mashup. If you are planning on using a second app, then add the second app id in "App2 ID".
  6. Save changes.
  7. Then add the shortcode into your posts "[qlik-sense-object id="page1-obj2" qvid="nvqpV" height="400" app2="true"]"

- id: is the unique div id. This is needed especially when you want to display the same object in 2 different instances

- qvid: Is the object id as found in the "dev-hub/single-configurator"
- height: The height of the visualization in pixels
- nointeraction: Add this if you want to disable interactions. If you want the objects to have interaction, you can just omit this.

- app2: Add this if your object is coming from the second app that you have specified in the settings

EditPost.png

• I have added few objects with a specific height in a bootstrap template for better layout. Now, lets preview the page
    Helloworld.pngHelloworld2.png

Make sure you whitelist your url in the virtual proxy.

If you use it and like it, please give it a 5 star in Wordpress.

This is it!

Yianni

In Portuguese: Qlik Sense Plugin para Wordpressby cleveranjos. Thank you Clever!

GitHub - yianni-ververis/qlik-sense-wordpress-plugin: A Wordpress plugin to create a Qlik Sense Mash...

Qlik Branch

54 Comments
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Thank you gwassenaar‌.

I have updated the plugin in the wordpress.org repo.

You can update from your wp-admin and let me know how it works.

0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

v1.1.4 was with requirejs loading after all wp js files

v1.1.5 is with the css loading first so it does not interfere with wp themes

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Thanks Yianni!

Folks, something to keep in mind. There are css selectors in qlik-styles.css that also exist (or may exist) in your wordpress themes css. That means that your wordpress theme could apply css to the qlik sense objects you embed in wordpress with results you don't like. So you may have to add some extra css for children of the wp-qs class elements to overrule those css rules again to make things look pretty again.

cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi jvs‌ ,

First off thanks for making this plugin.

I would love to use this plugin, but unfortunately I just can't make it work. This is probably caused by me being new at using both Wordpress/plugins/html, but hopefully you can help me out.

This is what I have done so far:

- Created a local server/database;
- Installed wordpress on to this server;
- Installed the Qlik Sense plugin for Word press;
- Activated the plugin;
- put in the following in the settings:
1.JPG

I tried doing what you did, but since I am a using localhost I can't really copy your fields. I figure I am maybe making multiple mistakes here, but I can't figure it out(tried all kind of different combinations).

Possible mistake 1:
Using localhost instead of localhost:4848, because I also use http://localhost:4848/hub/my/work‌ to access the qlik sense hub.

Possible mistake 2:
Using localhost / using a local server instead of a qlik server. Maybe this isn't possible with this plugin, but I don't really see why not (because a local server also works with mashups etc.)

Possible mistake 3:

Putting a / in "Virtual Proxy (Prefix):", maybe I should leave this empty?

Possible mistake 4:

My App ID is wrong. If you compare mine with yours you probably wonder what I did, well I followed this:

Obtaining app id's and object id's ‒ Qlik Sense Developers

And that gives me this:2.JPG

So I basically copied my App ID from here. I tried looking for an App ID like what you have, but I couldn't find it (even tried different computers that both have Qlik Sense installed).

Ok so after filling in these settings I continued following your example and saved the settings. After that I went to Posts and added a new one, went to the Text tab and inserted this:

<div class="row">

<div class="col-mid-12">
     </div>
</div>

<div class="row">
     <div class="col-mid-12">
          [qlik-sense-object id="page1-obj1" qvid="jRMGQG" height="400" app1="true"]"
     </div>

</div>

<div class="row">
     <div class="col-mid-6">
          [qlik-sense-object id="page1-obj2" qvid="NeLVr" height="400" app1="true"]"

</div>
     <div class="col-mid-6">
          [qlik-sense-object id="page1-obj3" qvid="qZPdytp" height="400" app1="true"]"

</div>

</div>

The only thing I changed are the qvid's to qvid's I found in the Single Configurator, so for example this one:
3.JPG

I did this for all 3. I also changed app2="True" to app1="true" since I am using app1 and not app2. After that I published the post and went to see how it looked. Well it only displayed " and nothing that even looks like Qlik sense objects. Here an example (quite hard to see, but there is a random " and if I scroll down I see more of these "):
4.JPG

I have tried everything I could think of, from rechecking everything to trying different inputs, but it still doesn't work. Hopefully you can help me make it work, I would really appreciate it! If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Casper

0 Likes
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The appid doesn't look correct. Try Executive Dashboard.qvf instead.

0 Likes
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Tried it, didn't work. I don't really understand why I get the weird AppId instead of a normal one like you guys.

0 Likes
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's because you're using Qlik Sense Desktop. The rest of us are using Qlik Sense Server. I haven't tried using the plugin with QS Desktop yet.

Try using the server that Yianni used: sense-demo-staging.qlik.com. The id of the Executive Dashboard there is 075506ed-73ee-4f1a-b9a0-1955df0bb3e0.

0 Likes
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ahh that's a good explanation for that. I still think this plugin should theoretically work with a localhost as well (even though I get the weird AppID)

In the future I will have a Qlik sense server available to me, but for now I only have access to Qlik Sense Desktop. The problem is, I want to make a proof of concept using this plugin + wordpress + QS desktop so when I do have the QS server available everything is already ready to go.

0 Likes
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Didn't see your second part of your message (edited it afterwards?). But after reading it again I suddenly saw it, so I tried using the server Yianni used and then it did work!

Finally I have some progress, thanks! Would still like to use localhost, but at least now I can test a bit more.

0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Hello,

I have upgraded to 1.1.7 and I have added the ability to connect to Qlik Sense Desktop.

For those of you that have already installed any of the previous versions and you cannot connect, you will need to check the settings again, you will need to add the port and https protocol.

Settings-local.png

0 Likes