Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

There are a lot of people that use Wordpress as their company's portal. If you are one of these people then, you may find this plugin very useful. You can create a mashup from within wordpress, using the Capabilities API, without writing a single line of code. Just add the settings with the host and the App ID, then the shortcode for the objects that you want and you are done.

Here, I will show you how to do that.

1. First go to your wp admin panel, under "Plugins" click on "Add New" and then search for "Qlik"
    install.png
  2. Click on "Install Now" and then on "Activate"
  3. This will create a "Qlik Sense" settings page, just open that
  4. Settings.png
  5. Here you need to define your host, the Virtual Proxy (prefix) and the App Id, as you would in a regular mashup. If you are planning on using a second app, then add the second app id in "App2 ID".
  6. Save changes.
  7. Then add the shortcode into your posts "[qlik-sense-object id="page1-obj2" qvid="nvqpV" height="400" app2="true"]"

- id: is the unique div id. This is needed especially when you want to display the same object in 2 different instances

- qvid: Is the object id as found in the "dev-hub/single-configurator"
- height: The height of the visualization in pixels
- nointeraction: Add this if you want to disable interactions. If you want the objects to have interaction, you can just omit this.

- app2: Add this if your object is coming from the second app that you have specified in the settings

EditPost.png

• I have added few objects with a specific height in a bootstrap template for better layout. Now, lets preview the page
    Helloworld.pngHelloworld2.png

Make sure you whitelist your url in the virtual proxy.

If you use it and like it, please give it a 5 star in Wordpress.

This is it!

Yianni

In Portuguese: Qlik Sense Plugin para Wordpressby cleveranjos. Thank you Clever!

GitHub - yianni-ververis/qlik-sense-wordpress-plugin: A Wordpress plugin to create a Qlik Sense Mash...

Qlik Branch

54 Comments
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Thank you Casper.

This is for everyone, if you have used it successfully on a production website, can you add the link here or email it to me? I would like to add them as examples in this post, in the github repo and the actual wp plugin repo.

Thank you all,

Yianni

0 Likes
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I don't know if I can provide an example or something like that, because of legal issues/permission etc. If I can share something I will.

What I can tell is that I use this plug-in in combination with:

https://elementor.com/‌‌ (other page-builders works as well, like beaver builder and divi builder etc.)

And it works, you can make your website however you want and just add a custom html object and you just put the same code in.

This way you can easily make a nice page with qlik sense objects even without any coding experience. It's way easier than you think and the results are really nice.

0 Likes
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

A beautiful video by Giuseppe Panella on Installation and simple Usage

Qlik Sense Wordpress plugin - Qlik Tuesday Tips and Tricks - YouTube

Thank you Giuseppe!

venga-admin
Contributor
Contributor

Great plugin. I have a few questions regarding access, licensing and functionality. If I embed a Qlik Chart on a WP page or post...

1. Can anyone with access to the page see the chart and data or do users need a Qlik license.

2. Do users have similar functionality (drill down, data selection, etc.) to what is available on the native dashboard or are the charts static. If so, what can and can't be done?

3. Will this be made available on Qlik Cloud?

Neil

0 Likes
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. That depends on the kind of license your using for your Qlik Sense server. If you have a QAP license then users don't need a token. QAP is licensed per 4 cores. If you're not using QAP then yes, every user needs a user or session token.

2. They can drill down if that chart contains a drill down group. User can make selections too.

3. That's for Qlik to answer. There is already an option to use a single chart from an app on Qlik Cloud in an iframe in a webpage. See this video: Qlik Sense in 60 - Qlik Sense Charts - YouTube

0 Likes
mattfryerdatoni
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Gents,

Great work! I've sent a pull request to the Github repo with an update to add buttons to the WordPress text editor to make adding the shortcodes much easier. When I get the chance I'll do another for buttons in the WordPress visual editor (TinyMCE) also.

Now my Qlik for WordPress syntax highlighting plugin (Qlik for WordPress — WordPress Plugins) is no longer the only Qlik related plugin for WordPress, I've realised its buttons aren't very well labelled so I'll update them in a coming release to avoid any confusion.

Regards

Matt

Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Thank you Matt,

Merged and committed to worpress. Now v1.2.2 is live. If you want, you can update the readme too on how to use with screenshots of the buttons, prompts etc...

Thank you,

Yianni

0 Likes
mattfryerdatoni
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Yianni

Great! I'll try find some time soon to add buttons to the WP visual editor also and update the readme.

Regards

Matt

0 Likes
imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

Hey, can this plugin take advantage of Section Access?

0 Likes
mattfryerdatoni
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

‌I’ve not tried it but I don’t see why having section access in the Sense app you connect to would be a problem.

0 Likes