Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

The Rugby World Cup has officially started today with the host country Japan beating Russia.

To celebrate the start of the tournament we are launching our own app including Rugby World Cup Japan 2019 stats and analytics. We’ve partnered with Gracenote as data provider and we’ve built a responsive Qlik Sense mashup that contains the tournament’s KPIs and stats.

current-blog.png

The two major features of this app are the live updating match details and historical data from every tournament.

The live match details will update in real time and allow you to follow key metrics from the matches as they happen on the pitch. In the picture above you can see the first game of the tournament updated in our app.

historical-blog.png

The historical statistics shows team details like finishes, aggregated statistics (tries, conversions, penalties, drop goals, etc.), key player statistics and more.

teams-blog.png

The Teams page shows a team ranking by different metrics and let you check all the details about favorite team.

You can see the app live here: https://webapps.qlik.com/rugby-world-championship/index.html

We hope you enjoy the Rugby World Cup and our data app as well 😉

Arturo (@arturoqv)

6 Comments
andrea_din
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Hi Arturo, Looks great! Unfortunately I get "An error occurred" (Connection lost) message after being on the website for a couple of seconds. Has it to do with the real-time refresh? Regards, Andrea
0 Likes
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee
Hi, definitively not normal. Real time updates push new data to your browser without a need for refresh, or any interruption. The server has set a time out that display a message after a few minutes of inactivity but not after seconds. Could you please share some more details, browser, OS, etc?
0 Likes
andrea_din
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Hi Arturo, tried today again and the first time I got the same error. But after refreshing again the site it seems to work. Using the Google Chrome (latest version) on a Windows 10. Will try later again and post a comment with screenshots in case the error message appears again.
0 Likes
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

Thanks, I noticed the links created in this blog append some GA tracker code to the URL, we are checking if that's originating the issue you are experiencing. Could you please try to copy and paste the url into your browser instead of clicking in the link?

https://webapps.qlik.com/rugby-world-championship/index.html

0 Likes
andrea_din
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Hi Arturo, I've copy/pasted the url and used the app, no error message. Seems all fine, thank you
0 Likes
lonoquefevas
Contributor
Contributor

I'm grateful for the valuable insights and practical advice you provide in your articles. Your guidance has helped me navigate various aspects of life with confidence and clarity. Anyone started Rugby World Cup 2023 France?