Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

If you have updated or installed the November 2018 release of Qlik Sense in your computer then you should have noticed a new dialog during the initial stages of the installation requesting you to agree to install the “Dashboard bundle” alongside Qlik Sense.

The goal of this new bundle is to provide users with tools to facilitate, even more, the dashboard creation in Qlik Sense.

The Dashboard bundle contains six of the most popular extensions available in Qlik Branch (Garden).

Button for navigation: it’s a very handy piece that let users to add buttons that trigger selection actions and/or navigation actions. Users can use it for simple navigation shortcuts, like navigating to next page or they could use it for more advanced actions, such as selection actions.2.png

A user could use one or multiple actions on click making the button a very attractive tool to create complex workflows within an app. This extension is commonly used to set variables values.

Date range picker: this nicely finished date picker allows users to quickly and easily select dates and ranges. It’s very simple to configure, a user need to specify what data field the Data range picker will be displaying and single date or interval. The extension let users to define advanced options such as min, max, and/or start date.

3.png

On-Demand reporting: generation of Qlik NPrinting reports is now possible from inside apps. This extension will display a button that will launch the execution of a Qlik NPrinting report. Simply add a NPrinting server path, pick an app, the report and the preferred export format.

Show/hide container: it’s a placeholder for master items. This extension let users to decide when to show or hide each one of the elements that are contained in the object. To get the show/hide conditions to work users typically need an action on a second object.

For example, it’s very common to use this extension in conjunction with the “Button for navigation” extension that comes in the bundle. The Button extension triggers an action that will make a chart show and other to hide. 

Another use example could be based on selection actions. Let’s say we have two fields, product categories (5) and product (200) and we are analyzing sales numbers, we want to display sales date by category as a bar chart and when a single category is selected we want the chart to display the products sales as a tree map. We could create both charts add them to the master library and then define the show/hide conditions when including  the charts in the extension.

Tabbed container: like the Show/hide container, the Tabbed container can hold multiple master items. This time to navigate from on item to another there’s a pre-built tab system, so there’s no need for a second element. Users could create multiple views of the same data, different objects, or as in the screenshot below to add a long description that helps users’ comprehension of the displayed chart.4.png

Variable input: users can set values with buttons, drop-downs, sliders, and input boxes. More info about this extension in one of my previous posts.

Please check the online help to learn more about the new Dashboard Bundle and its limitations:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Dashb...

Hope you like it. AMZ

15 Comments
anderslinden
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi!

Will theese extensions (the Dashboard bundle) be available in Qlik Cloud Business Team in the near future?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Totaly agree with @anderslinden 

Compatibility accross platforms is the biggest shame with current Qlik Sense versions. It is hard to explain to customers that Cloud version is "limited" and does not support some objects (extensions).

0 Likes
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

Hello both, thanks for your comments. Unfortunately the Dashboard Bundle is not available in Cloud as of now, I can't really tell much about future features of Cloud.

0 Likes
wayne-a
Creator
Creator

Hi, it's great that these are now part of the product as I use several of these already.  When I upgrade to this release what happens if I already have these extensions installed?  Hoping the answer it that it handles it automatically and upgrades the extensions as well :-).   Thanks.

0 Likes
sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Very Nice Extension.

Two Problems:

1. No Right to Left Support.

2. lack of coloring options.

0 Likes
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

I had some of the extensions installed (Desktop) when I upgraded to this release. I did nothing special during the installation and it worked just fine. So I would say you're right @wayne-a, it automatically handles the previously installed extensions.

@sogloqlik when working with extensions is very important to be aware of some limitations: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Dashb...

0 Likes
prananellutla
Creator
Creator

Date range picker:: we have run into some API run time issue using this extension with every upgrade we make,  issue we had was date selections are not refreshed.  are those fixed? 

0 Likes
wayne-a
Creator
Creator

Hi Prananellutla, not sure if that is fixed in the dashboard bundle version but I believe there is a fix for the problem you are describing.  You would need to update the js code and it is described here.  I did that and now the date range picker gets the selections correct the first time every time.

This thread describes it: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration/Any-Date-Picker-solution-working-with-QlikSense...

When I installed the dashboard bundle it did not overwrite my previously installed extensions, it installs them as a separate set of extensions.  Discussed in this thread:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Deployment-Management/Dashboard-bundle-when-branch-extensio...

For the date range picker, due to the current limitations I'm not immediately moving to the dashboard bundle version.  For a lot of my dates I use the makedate function to create a date and that doesn't seem to work with the dashboard bundle version.

Hope this was some help.

prananellutla
Creator
Creator

Thankyou- I have made those updates that this thread describes : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration/Any-Date-Picker-solution-working-with-QlikSense...

We never passed the security scan step- the original datepicker passed, but after this update- it gave a high risk warning. The other work around I tried is going to this site "https://momentjs.com/" and putting in 2.22.2 .

Nothing worked . Thanks for writing back.  

0 Likes
adambrian
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I new in qlik sense this version, how can i learn more about MAP.  How to use a map layer? Do you have example app using map layer?

Thanks,
Adam

0 Likes