Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

What days of the week, or hours of the day do you most often post to Facebook? Is it different depending on what month it is? Has it changed over the years? Find out by trying out this demo Qlik Facebook Session App Demo.

I built it to try out halyard.js‌, which is a new open source library that simplifies the Qlik Sense data load experience as it abstracts away the need to write a load script, and which includes a mixin for enigma.js for loading your halyard representation into the QIX engine. halyard.js and enigma.js makes grabbing some data, generating a Qlik load script, and create an app on the fly pretty simple.

The app I built uses Facebook’s API to grab user’s posts, halyard.js to generate a load script, enigma.js to create a session app and objects, and then displays a few filters and a visualization just to test out the whole flow, and it was awesome. Check out the video below, or try it out for yourself‌‌.

You can grab the source code below and try it out on your own machine if you'd like. There’s a few steps to do that. First, download the source code and run npm install. Then go to the qapp.js file and enter session info for your Qlik Sense server in the config variable on line 8. Next, you’ll have to go to https://developers.facebook.com/ and create an app. Once your Facebook app is created, grab the App ID and enter it in the fb.js file, on line 26.

For your Facebook App to be able to authorize users, you’ll need to add a platform and app domain in the “Settings” page of the Facebook app.

It’s up to you how to host this. I’ve included a .qext file if you just want to use Qlik Sense Desktop.

Once you’ve done that, run npm run webpack to build the project, and it should be good to give it a go!

1 Comment
Anonymous
Not applicable

After npm run webpack, how do I access it? What's the URL/port assuming I'm running this on localhost?

0 Likes