Skip to main content
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey guys - a few valued Qlik Community members and contributors  ( @millerhm  @juraj_misina  ) brought to my attention an interesting topic after we released the February 2019 release of Qlik Sense.

What if I want those exciting, sexy, awesome, new visualizations I just saw....BUT I am not ready to upgrade to February 2019? 

Since we don't offer the Visualization Bundle as a separate installation package,  I guess you could find them individually in the Qlik Branch Garden - as I originally suggested, but @millerhm pointed out that they wanted the "certified extensions" that were part of the February 2019 release. That's when @juraj_misina made mention of a simple work-around involving "stealing them" Smiley Wink from the February 2019 release of Qlik Sense Desktop. I thought this was a great topic to produce a quick video on to show others whom might not be familiar with how that process might look.

Watch this quick video to see how I "stole" the visualization bundle from the February 2019 release and added it to my Qlik Sense Enterprise November 2018 release.

Thanks @millerhm and @juraj_misina for your contribution!

Note: I cannot attach the .zip file here at this time. It is possible if you have any issues with these extensions while being used with an older release, our support team may ask you to reproduce the issue within the February 2019 release, so please be aware.

Can't see the video? YouTube blocked by your region or organization?

Download the .mp4 to watch on your computer or mobile device.

Thanks,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Follow me

22 Comments
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Awesome! Thanks, @Michael_Tarallo !

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Cool. I wasn't aware you could import multiple extensions within one zip.

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I actually zipped the parent Visualization Bundle folder as is and imported that directly into the QMC - piece of cake!

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Word of warning though: don't push it too far to history. Works with September 2018 patch 1, but not all extensions work with April 2018 release for example (haven't tested others).

0 Likes
alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II

When is the release on QlikSense Cloud? 

Thanks

0 Likes
yoko1106
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks! Shared with our team in Japan!

0 Likes
igarri
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We've follow this process with the November 2018 Patch 2 Release and the extensions work fine. The problem we are finding is that every time the Qlik Sense Services restart, the repository service deletes these extensions... Anyone else experiencing this issue?Log.PNG

jstar
Contributor III
Contributor III

@igarri  Same Probleme. After the Backup, only the extension Bundle is deleted.  (November 2018 Patch 2)

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK I have reported this for investigation.

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello @juraj_misina  can you verify this behavior? I reached out to our team as well. Technically you are just installing extensions - I don't see why they should be removed on a reboot. I will update you all once I hear something. 

0 Likes