Skip to main content
Karen_Origlio
Employee
Employee

Test your fundamental-level Qlik Sense skills and knowledge with a Qualification Exam - now updated for Feb 2020 Release of Qlik Sense.

This week, Qlik Education released an new version of the Qlik Sense Qualification Exams for Business Analysts and Data Architects.

These exams are FREE to Continuous Classroom subscribers and students who attend our introductory Instructor Led Training courses.

To learn more about these fundamental-level exams, visit the Certifications & Qualifications web page.

8 Comments
BinayKumarSah
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks Karen,It would really helpful for all.

0 Likes
ELABOINA117
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Thanks Karen

0 Likes
TonyAdelman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karen.  I don't know where I should ask this question and I can't seem to find anything similar to it after extensive searches. 

I am creating my App for the BA Exam (we are on Qlik Sense desktop), I have added the sample app into the QVC and am able to open it.  It will not let me drag and the drop the xls data files onto the app to complete the data load (which is how I added all my example files during my dozens of hours of CC training). 

I see that in the data load editor script is looking for the data here:  [lib://$(DataFolder)/Products.xlsx], but I'm not sure where that is in relation to our set-up.  I'm searching all over the QMC for some kind of path and am not having any luck.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony

0 Likes
Christina_Voigt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Education.  I’m sorry you are having problems configuring the app that you will use to answer the qualification exam.

This exercise is a little different from the QCC learning module follow-along demonstrations.  With the modules, usually you either start with data or you start with a semi-preconfigured app that already has data embedded.  When reloading data is required, it is more straightforward to start the example with data, so the connection is created and maintained.

With the qualification exams, the app is provided, but part of the exercise is also loading additional data.  Here, all the data sources files have been provided, but in order for the Data Load Script to make the appropriate connections, all the data must be in a very specific folder location.  This is explained in the Application Requirements document on page 3.  The whole BAQualData folder should sit on the root of your C:\ drive in order for the script to execute.  So, the issue you are experiencing with loading the new data might not have to do with dragging and dropping the new Excel file on the app, but that the other data sources are not available for the app to reload all data that is embedded in the app.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to education@qlik.com

Christina Voigt

Qlik Continuous Classroom Manager

0 Likes
badicsis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karen,

Thanks for this post. What is the most cost efficient way of doing the Business Analyst Qualification Exam please? To subscribe for Continuous Classroom for $1500? And this would include the free exam, correct? Do students who pass get a 'certificate' at least? And if they fail is there an option to repeat the exam? I understand that the subscription is only for 1 year.

Many thanks,

Istvan

0 Likes
Christina_Voigt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello Istvan, 

You must purchase a Qlik Continuous Classroom subscription in order to gain access to Qlik Sense Qualification exams.  You can visit our self-service online ordering here.  

Purchase a Qlik Continuous Classroom Business Analyst Subscription and gain access to the Qlik Sense Business Analyst Qualification exam.

Purchase a Qlik Continuous Classroom Data Architect Subscription  and gain access to the Qlik Sense Data Architect Qualification exam.

Purchase a Qlik Continuous Classroom Full Access Subscription and gain access to both Qlik Sense Business Analyst and Data Architect Qualification exams.

Each exam allows three attempts to score a 70% or higher to pass.  A passing score will earn the user a certificate and a digital badge. 

To learn more about our Qualification exams, visit https://www.qlik.com/services/training/certifications-and-qualifications.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email certification@qlik.com.

Thanks, 
Christina Voigt
Qlik Continuous Classroom Manager