cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhi-
Contributor
Contributor

Attunity Studio

I have used a produxt called Attunity  Studio. Which was used to transfer data from mainframe to SSIS(Open system). Since Attunit is Qlik now. Can someone please  tell what product in qlik correspond to  Attunity  Studio

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hello,

With the end of service of the AIS (Studio) is the Designer tool for the Server Product there is a replacement Product called ARC Version 6.2 the Latest Version for (Studio Replicate for Z/OS IMS and VSAM, File Type Sources on Z/OS). There is currently no product currently that would be the equivalent for this SSIS(Open System) AIS Product.  

View solution in original post

16 Replies
boaz_newman
Employee
Employee

You can use Qlik Replicate to transfer data from the MF.

For DB2 - Only Replicate is needed.

For IMS and VSAM you will need Replicate with ARC (which previously known as Attunity AIS, and Attunity Studio is part of it)

boaz

RST
Employee
Employee

Qlik Replicate
Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hello,

With the end of service of the AIS (Studio) is the Designer tool for the Server Product there is a replacement Product called ARC Version 6.2 the Latest Version for (Studio Replicate for Z/OS IMS and VSAM, File Type Sources on Z/OS). There is currently no product currently that would be the equivalent for this SSIS(Open System) AIS Product.  

lyka
Support
Support

Hi Abhi,

Please let us know if any of the replies helped with your issue

Thanks

Lyka

RD2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

We are using Attunity on the IBM mainframe.  I'm not sure what the name of the product is, but what it does is run programs that are defined in CICS.  I used the Studio product to set those programs up.  This was in 2011 and it has been kind of forgotten about, but we have one application that is still using it.  We are upgrading our operating system and I don't know if the version I am running will be compatible with the new OS.  

So, what is the name of the replacement products and what do I need to do to get current.

My name is Rick Davis and I work for US Foods.  

Barb_Fill21
Support
Support

Hello Rick!

Per my colleagues' replies, if you are accessing VSAM files via CICS on the mainframe then yes we still support that capability. 

For VSAM you will need Replicate with ARC (which was previously known as Attunity AIS, and Attunity Studio is part of it)

How else can we help you? Please feel free to ask. 

Sincerely

Barb

RD2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Barb,

Thanks for the rapid response!  In your reply you mention accessing VSAM files through CICS.  What I believe is happening is Cobol programs that are defined in CICS are being run, so its more of a message processing kind of function and not a direct read of VSAM files.  But the original developers on the distributed side are long gone and apparently the source code is also gone so I'm not really sure how it works.  I'm the mainframe person.  We also have the VSAM capability but we never implemented it.   I have attached a word doc with a screen print from Studio and a clip from the Attunity log on the mainframe.  So moving forward I guess I need to know if this will run in Z/OS 2.4 we are currently at 2.2, and if not replacement products and costs.

Thanks again for your help.  

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

@RD2 

Hi, as per the screen shots and doc attached this is the old CDC for SSIS, part of the AIS 5.3.2 running on Z/OS which is out of Service and I do apologize there is no replacement product at this time. If you are upgrading the OS and or Hardware I believe we can share a License for the AIS Solution but it is no longer in Service or Support. If you require such license please reach out and let us know.

Note: If you export the Bindings and Workspace to share we can confirm

Thank you!

Bill

RD2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Bill,

See attached, hope it is what you need.  Yes, we are doing both software and hardware so we will need a license.  Any other customer experience with OS upgrades?

Rick