Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dashboard Improvisation

Hi,

I am new to qlikview, using from last 3 month for a new project on job. I have made my first dashboard for market indicators. The graph in dashboard appearing clumsy as it showing sum of all values. Which is not acceptable by manager. He wants to see the graph area blank, and pnly graph should appear after the selection made. Can i get it done as per expecation. Please help me in this...:-)

6 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Akshay,

In the design tab of the graph you have to option to conditionally show the graph. You can use an expression than counts selected values based on your requirements, ie:

GetSelectedCount(Year)=1 and GetSelectedCount(Company)=1 --> this will show the graph is there is only one value selected in Year and in company.

You can also use GetPossibleCount to count possible values instead of selected.

Also, in general tab you can set a calculation caltion in the same way than 'show conditional', in these case the area of the graph are show, and in case the condition is False, it will can show a custom message. In 'Error messages...' button you can set the message to show.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Ruben,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. Pretty helpful. As i am new to this application, bad with writing expressions. Can u guide in more detail.

rubenmarin

It can be a lot of different requirements and any of them may require diffrent expressions, can you give more detail of what behaviour are you searching?.

Usually is enough to limit number of possible values in graph. Say you want to compare products and with more than 10 the graph is difficult to read, so you only want to draw the graph when there are 10 or less products selected, for this you can set, in general tab, the calculate condition to "GetPossibleCount(Product)<=10"

GetPossibleCount() --> is a function that returns different values in a field that are included in actual selections

Product --> Is the name of the field that identifies a product

<=10 --> is the compasion to check if it's true or false

In this case if the products filtered are less or equal to 10 it will draw the graph.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for late relply, as process remain off during weekend. I tried applying your suggestion but its not working. I have Data in following structure

Country--Market Indicator--Market Indicator Level1--Market Indicator Level2--values    
1.XYZ         AA                       BB                               CC                           xx

"The data is desgined is such manner..and data is viewed aginst yearly and quarterly dimensions. So, the graph is desgined with "sum (Values)" and in result the graph is appearing clumpsy. As it is taking sum of all values (whereas, the values are in deifferent units and parameter according indicators. So requirement is to keep the graph field blank. And bars should appear only when the selections are made accordingly.

rubenmarin

Hi Akshay, what identifies there are selected the same unit? By country? By Market Indicator?

In case the graph has to work when there is only one market indicator filtered you can set in calculation condition (on general tab) an expression like:

GetPossibleCount([Market Indicator])=1

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rubin, ur suggestion is helping a lot. I am trying to write more option around suggestive expression by u. In case of more confusion. Will get seek ur help again.

Thank u so much..:-)