Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Developer course alternatives

Hi all,

my company turned down the chance to sent me on the Developer course as it was too expensive and meant i was out of the office for too long.

Therefore, does anyone know of any online or self-help courses which would cover similar ground to the developer course?

My SQL and scripting knowledge is VERY basic, so this is what i need to improve.

Kind Regards

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use this book for self study: QlikView 11 for Developers | Packt. Just work through it from start to finish and you'll have a good foundation.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use this book for self study: QlikView 11 for Developers | Packt. Just work through it from start to finish and you'll have a good foundation.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

Qlik Education Services offer some free training which would be very useful to start-with learning. The link is provided here :http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/free-training.

Thanks,

Madhu

Caroline_Sheldon
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Alex,

Has your company thought about investing in the QlikView Technical Library? This is a combination of 50 short videos that show you how to execute many functions in QlikView. You can read more about each of the videos and the skills they teach you on the data sheet here. The great part about this is that the videos are short and you can watch them on your own time as you work through your QlikView project. It is also more cost effective because you can share access with up to 50 other users (or more for an additional small fee) at your company.

Please let me know if you would like to learn more about this option or any other options that may work better for you.

As stated above, free videos exist on other areas of the Qlik Community and on the free training part of our website, but they don't go deep into the scripting knowledge.

Regards,

Caroline

Qlik Education Services

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Caroline.

I'm struggling to get ANY cost whatsoever signed off at the minute, so dare I ask how much thi service costs?

Caroline_Sheldon
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Alex,

The cost of the Technical Library is USD $1,400. This allows your company access to the 50 videos to share amongst up to 50 users at your company. You can email me directly with additional questions about this option. caroline.sheldon@qlik.com. I would be happy to provide more detail about this or other learning options or answer any other questions.

Other free content can be found on our YouTube channel here: Qlik - YouTube

Regards,

Caroline

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you're working for a company or boss that thinks that the hours you work don't cost anything. In that case spend as much time as you can answering questions on this site. You'll learn a lot solving the problems other people post here. And it won't cost a thing.