Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set privileges by document in QMC

Hi,

I have a new QlikView's instalations and i need to set the users privileges to specific document. when I set a qlikview in the administrators list, the documents open correctly in access point, but when I put the user in document's CAls I'm having the error messages: Access denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account. Please contact your system administrator

anyone have given this error type?

Grettings Regards!!!

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Are you using trying to use  Document CALs or Named CALs? You can also check your available licenses on System > Licenses > General and then checking how many CALs are assigned and how many are available.

Document CALs are handled on the Document tab. If you are using Document CALs then you will have to assign licenses to the document and then to the users that you want to access the document.

Another good thing to check is if you are using dynamic CAL assignment or not (can bee seen on the License > General tab fo Named CALs and on document level for Document CALs).

Not applicable
Author

hi,

I specified how mamy users will wold be accesing to the documents. the problem is that I want to control the privileges by document. for example: the user xxx only has priviges in sales's document. there is a part when you set the users will be using the document but it is to administratives users and those would have full access in document.

I checked the priviliges directly on the document for example; C:\sales.qvw and the user has privileges to the document. but in the browser say access denied.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

So if I understand correctly then your users can see the documents on the accesspoint but not open them?

Also the error message you are getting is that there are no available CALs is this correct?

What du you mean when you say that users will have full access in the document? Are are you using Section Access in the document? It would help if you clarify where in the QMC or document you are trying to set these privillages.

Regards Nils