cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_rohitgharat
Creator
Creator

Merge two fields and sow as one dimension

i have two fields for Eg. STATE and CITY. In pivot table i take two fields as dimension displaying in seerate column but i want to show it as single column only.

maharashtramumbai

As seen in above table STATE and City are two fields of table and LOCATION is the column name i.e single column i have to show in pivot table i am suppose to display..

how to do this in qlikview ...Please do help..Your help would be apppreciated !!!!

6 Replies
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

You can create a calculated dimension for your Pivot Table as follows:

=State & ', ' & city

and name it Location in the label text field.

Thanks

Agis

mad
Employee
Employee

I would create this field in your load script:

State & ', ' & city as Location

It would be a new field that you can use and has less overhead then doing in the chart.

Not applicable

As the others have said the best way would be to concatenate the two fields in the script and give it a unique name

_rohitgharat
Creator
Creator
Author

How to optimize data in qlikview???

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Out of the two above answers, I must admit that Michael's answer is more efficient, provided that you have access and can modify the script.

In general, we prefer creating calculated field on the script rather than having to calculate them on the front end, which is a bit slower.

Anonymous
Not applicable

doing it in the script or in the application has a few implications,

let's say you want to add a list to filter specific combinations or states,

then you should concatenate it in the application, if not it is best to concatenate it in the script (performance wise)