Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mobile reports in QlikView personal edition

Hi,

before i start download and testing the software is it possible to create mobile dashboards for Android in Qlikview Personal Edition or any other Free Editon - I am student and have to test major Mobile BI Solutions ? I can't figure it out from product description on page ...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi again Igor

OK. If you have no access to a QlikView server (not the same product as QV Desktop), what you can do instead:

1. Find the resolution of the mobile device you want to test your app (e.g. 1024x768)

2. Go to View menu -> Resize Windows and select the same resolution

3. Build your dashboard there, and then activate the webview mode (View menu-> Turn On WebView) to simulate the AJAX environment and see you your app will look like in a mobile browser.

I hope this helps

Agis

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Igor

Of course you can CREATE such a dashboard.

However, in order to access these dashboards with your Android devices, you need to use QlikView Server, for sharing the document, and your mobile browser to open the access point and open the document.

Regards

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Agis,

if understood correct server is not included in the product, doest that mean it is not possible ? I am student and have a task to test all major vendors of mobile BI for Android devices...

Regards,

I. A.

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi again Igor

OK. If you have no access to a QlikView server (not the same product as QV Desktop), what you can do instead:

1. Find the resolution of the mobile device you want to test your app (e.g. 1024x768)

2. Go to View menu -> Resize Windows and select the same resolution

3. Build your dashboard there, and then activate the webview mode (View menu-> Turn On WebView) to simulate the AJAX environment and see you your app will look like in a mobile browser.

I hope this helps

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Agis,

thank you for your reply it is precisely the answer I was looking for. Unfortunately that won't be sufficent to include it in the test   ...

Regards,

I.A.

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Igor

What I would suggest, since you are looking for something for mobile devices, I thing you should include Qlik Sense in your test. The same power as Qlik View (they use the same calculation engine) but with more flexibility and a Responsive front end design, meaning that the app resolution can be adjusted automatically according to the device resolution.

http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/sense?ga-link=hero

I think this is much closer to what you're looking for.

Agis