cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV Business Analyst, Straight Table Take away document

Hi,

In the QCC, Qlik Business Analyst, "Create Straight Tables" take-away document, it states that data option 1 is 1 dimension.

While it's technically is possible in the chart to add a dimension without a measure, it doesn't make sense, and the straight table chart doesn't show anything when it's tried.

The corresponding quiz also (correctly) marks the answer as wrong if you tick it of as an answer.

I think the take-away doc. should be updated to represent either an option to use 1 measure only (which is technically possible) or only the options 2 and 3.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Best regards Benjamin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sheryl
Employee
Employee

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry for any confusion on the QCC learning module for creating QlikView Straight Tables.  I agree, a table with only one dimension is not very helpful, but it is a valid configuration.  I updated the quiz to allow the 1 dimension answer to be correct.

Thanks

Sheryl

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I agree that the document and quiz should be updated to more precise statements/questions respectively extended to all possible ways to use a table. Of course the mentioned options 2 and 3 are the usually ones but there are further possibilities in which other combinations are really useful (only one dimension, only one measure, only multiple measures). Here are two examples for an unusual usage:

http://www.qlikfix.com/2014/07/08/building-nicer-dynamic-multibox/

Re: bold for the particular text in the text box

and quite probably there are more useful scenarios thinkable.

- Marcus

Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for the feedback.  We strive to ensure that our materials are as up to date as possible so we will share this post with the developers to review and update as needed.

Sheryl
Employee
Employee

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry for any confusion on the QCC learning module for creating QlikView Straight Tables.  I agree, a table with only one dimension is not very helpful, but it is a valid configuration.  I updated the quiz to allow the 1 dimension answer to be correct.

Thanks

Sheryl

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sherry

You're welcome. Glad to be of assistance.

The QCC program is a great help for new comers, and also a great way to round things up for seasoned developers.

I do still disagree on having the "1 dimension" (only) as a real possibility as a use case, since the chart will be empty when you use that option. A "1 measure" option I think would be just as valid.

Best regards

Benjamin