Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Business Analysis Certification

Hi,

I'm scheduled to write my Qlik Sense Business Analysis Certification exam next month. Can anybody advise me on what type of questions they ask? I can't seem to get much info about this.

Kind regards,

Conrad

23 Replies
mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Pavan,

There are 66 questions in total. The given time of 150 minutes was enough for me. It took me around 120 minutes including a double check.

You must know when to apply QVD files as a data source in your Qlik Sense apps. For this I refer to the QVD section in the Sense help. For me the questions regarding data modeling were not very difficult. But I must admit I have almost 10 years of Qlik experience... You must be able to create a simple data model yourself and understand what kind of issues you encounter and how to solve them. It's really is as Qlik states: resolve simple data modeling and data quality issues. The data models presented in the exam contain no more than 5 or so tables.

Cheers,

Michiel

Not applicable
Author

To be honest, this sound extremely badly put together. According to someone at Qlik South Africa who has done the exam, there are a few HTML and Java questions. Something they argue is not suitable for the BA exam. I'm going to have to cancel my exam as I don't know much about HTML and Java.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Java???!?!?!?

Not applicable
Author

JavaScript yes…

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Michiel,

what kind of questions we can expect from these topics?

• Propose the appropriate business solution for various types of users and devices
  • Determine appropriate sheet layout and/or organization (e.g., DAR, grouping, etc.)
  • Compare and contrast Qlik Sense Desktop vs. Qlik Sense Server Development

any particular sources you will refer for these topics?

Thanks,

Pavan

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

fyi, Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster or car is to carpet. Don't mix them up

mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Pavan,

I can’t dive deep into the type of questions asked. The most helpful source of information for me was the Qlik Sense help. Topics like devices used and its limits, QS Desktop vs. QS Enterprise are mentioned in the help. Also the Qlik Sense videos are of great help.

The best way to prepare for the exam is to search for the appropriate help pages and videos per topic mentioned in the exam domain areas.

Cheers,

Michiel

mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hmmm, strange. I didn't have any questions about HTML or Java. Maybe I was lucky (I don't know a thing about those two ). Questions about 'Web stuff' we're (in my case) limited to knowing when to apply mashups, not how to apply them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Michiel

Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Conrad,

Thank you for reaching out to Qlik Education Services.  We are thrilled to hear you are going to take your certification!  As mentioned in this post, the best place to learn more about our certification is to visit http://www.qlik.com/services/training/qlik-sense-certificationhttp://www.qlik.com/services/training/qlik-sense-certification.  There you can learn about the following areas:

• Prerequisites
  • Recommended preparation resources
  • Exam domain areas

I would also recommend watching the free modules available in the Qlik Continuous Learning Platform Business Analyst modules http://qcc.qlik.com/course/view.php?id=70 to better prepare yourself!