Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reduce width of bar chart

Hi all,

I have a bar chart and want to reduce its width for showing values. I have tried with all options but unable to do it.

Please assist me on the same.

Capture.JPG

How to reduce the width for each value in available dimension?

Thanks,

Shailesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Shailesh

If you try to reduce the width of the bar chart, most probably you'll face problems with the long values on data points.

What you can do, is go to Number tab of your chart properties, add Symbol (£, $, ...) and then Thousand and Million symbols (K£ and M£ for example) and select Fixed to 2 decimals as number format.

Then you'll see much shorter numbers as values on data points so you can safely reduce the size of your bar chart.

I hope this helps

Let me know if you need anything else

Regards

Agis

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are not a lot of options, you can resize the object or press CRTL+SHIFT and reside the red area ....

let me know

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Shailesh

If you try to reduce the width of the bar chart, most probably you'll face problems with the long values on data points.

What you can do, is go to Number tab of your chart properties, add Symbol (£, $, ...) and then Thousand and Million symbols (K£ and M£ for example) and select Fixed to 2 decimals as number format.

Then you'll see much shorter numbers as values on data points so you can safely reduce the size of your bar chart.

I hope this helps

Let me know if you need anything else

Regards

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Agis,

I did it as you told, looking good than earlier, thanks a ton.

Regards,

Shailesh