Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khammBostik
Contributor
Contributor

Set Analysis Multiple Dimensions

Hi, 

I am trying to complete a set Analysis that incorporates 3 different dimensions as a percentage of the total documents created.

KPI: (Count({$<Perception={"Complaint"},Department={"Cust Service"},[BU-Business Unit]={"C&C"}>}Document))/(Count(Document))

However, I have the same information in a line graph and the numbers don't correlate. I have Order Created Date, and Business Unit as my Dimensions. And (Count({$<Perception={"Complaint"},Department={"Cust Service"}>}Document))/(Count(Document)) as the measure. 

However If I pick a month the two numbers do not match. My KPI with the above formula gives me 0.02% where the line graph gives me 0.05%. If I click on the data point in the graph then my KPI will update correctly, but it then is shows its filtering by Business Unit. Its like the KPI formula isn't limiting by Business Unit. 

How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

issue is not with your numerator but your denominator.
In denominator you are counting everything in the KPI (not just BU=C&C). But in your line chart as Business unit is a dimension, BU=C&C is utilized for both numerator and denominator.
so i dont anticipate both values to be same unless you select the business unit.

also as a side bar fyi as standard change all the double quotes to single quotes when doing exact matches.
single quotes should be used for exact match while double quotes are typically used for searches so is not case sensitive

View solution in original post

2 Replies
khammBostik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I also tried this version that I saw online: 

(Count({$<Perception={"Complaint"}>*$<Department={"Cust Service"}>*$<[Business Unit]={"C&C"}>}Document))/(Count(Document))

I still have the same issue with multiple dimensions written that way.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

issue is not with your numerator but your denominator.
In denominator you are counting everything in the KPI (not just BU=C&C). But in your line chart as Business unit is a dimension, BU=C&C is utilized for both numerator and denominator.
so i dont anticipate both values to be same unless you select the business unit.

also as a side bar fyi as standard change all the double quotes to single quotes when doing exact matches.
single quotes should be used for exact match while double quotes are typically used for searches so is not case sensitive