Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to connect SQL Server - "Username not found error"

I connected to database through OLE DB service provider using SQL Client 10. Connection with DB shown as Successful but it throws me an error msg stating 'The user is not trusted to the SQL Server' (failed to server authentication) I clueless about this issue...Why its failed!! I used the same authentication with SQL Server it works well.

error1.PNGerror.PNG

I think its a very simple issue , but I really failed to find the reason for it!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Its working fine... I have connected SQL server through ODBC Connection using OLE DB service provider. It accepts SQL authentication.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

They don't look like the same credentials - the test is with an explicit user name, while the QV model is trying to use a trusted connection (using your network login).

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Sorry I'm not exactly getting your point.  'We need to enter the SQL Server authentication user id and pwd in Qlikview 'right!!

(Note : I had mentioned- server IP address , sql authentication user name and pwd.)

Not applicable
Author

Its working fine... I have connected SQL server through ODBC Connection using OLE DB service provider. It accepts SQL authentication.