Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Want to learn Qlickview

Hi all,

Can someone advise me on how can I get to learn qlickview and actually practice it so that I can get a job afterwards? I've just started doing SQL then I plan on doing Macro and Qlickview. Should I get certified in all these then look for a job or is there any other way? Any advise is highly appreciated.  I'm thinking a change in my career, I'm currently working with SAP HR.

Thanks in advance!

13 Replies
vikasmahajan

New to QlikView Videos and

LOAD data into QlikView

Also you need to touch with community .

HTH

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See the Related Resources on the left side of this page: New to QlikView. You might also want to take a look at Qlik Sense: New to Qlik Sense.

A good book to learn Qlikview (with lots of exercises) is QlikView 11 for Developers - QlikView Book‌. I recommend this book to get up to speed quickly.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Hi and welcome to the Qlik Community!

As a friendly advise I want to point you to how you write the name of the product. There you go, that was free training number 1 .

If you are interested in getting a job as a QlikView or Qlik Sense consultant, I would advise you to contact one of the many partners we have all around the world. Many of them have job openings. A job at a partner with also give you cheaper or free access to our training as that usually means the partner pays for the training instead of you.

For all the trainings we offer, go here:

Training

With use of the skill assessments you can get an idea of what trainings we would advise you to take.

Note that you can download our software for free and our website offers free trainings.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thank you for your reply. Should I be working with SQL before learning QlickView and should I get certified? I'm wondering on how to get into the work field since I've no experience with this.

Thank you.

Kr

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vikas,

I appreciate your reply. I'll look into that.

Kr,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Onno,

Thanks for your reply. I'll make sure I'll write the name of the product correctly.

Kr,

Emi

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Depends on what you mean by SQL, the language or the database product SQL Server. It certainly helps if you know the SQL language so you know how to create SQL statements that retrieve data from SQL databases. But you can create most of the SQL needed using the Create Select Statement dialog in Qlikview. You certainly won't have to become an SQL expert to be able to work with Qlikview.

I wouldn't bother getting certified until you have about six months experience. Better yet, as okg‌ suggests try to get a job with a Qlik Partner and have them pay for your education and certification,

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vikasmahajan

additional you can refer this QlikView Developer Course Manual

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

I see. I'll try and get a job with their partners although they usually ask for at least 1 year experience but of course this won't stop me.

Kr,

Emi