Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kedarumrikar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

in a Scatter chart having one Dimension and that dimension value is not unique

will it plot the legend for the common dimension across X and Y coordinates

there is one common Physician ( dimension) across two Practices ( Y-Coordinates ) , we expect a Legend to display and one color code Physician value across those two practices.

Please help.

8 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your picture doesn't show a scatter chart. I think it is a line chart.

In a scatter chart, both axes are measures, i.e. numeric, and each dot/bubble represents a dimensional value. See http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/03/18/scatter-chart

HIC

kedarumrikar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

it is indeed Scatter Chart , we have overridden the Y-coordinates with the Input Box having hard coded string literals,

what we were looking is , that in this particular chart, we have kept two Dimensions order wise (  i.e. "Physician Full Name" , Practice Name")  and "Physician Full name" values get repeated across Practice Name and Dim Legend , we wanted is of "Physician Full Name" , but Dim  legend  is showing us of "Practice Name" , Kindly Please advise

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to post a file with an example.

kedarumrikar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

doc1.png

the first snippet depicts entering 2 dimension , first is Physician Full name and second is Practice Name (both is ticked on show  Legends Caption, however , it display the Practice name Dimension i.e. 2nd dimension as Legends , what if wanted the first dimension to be printed as Legends

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

What happens if you just switch places between the 1st and 2nd dimension? (Promote the second dim to become the first). Then you will get the correct label - and the graph should keep the number of dots.

HIC

kedarumrikar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

doc1.png

on promoting the practice name to first dimension , this is what happens , the Practice name legends still appears and earlier required dots has become a vertical line now.

attaching a sample

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

First, you need to have several Physicians in your data. So I added one more physician.

Then you go to the "Presentation" page in the chart properties. Here you change the Representation to "Only Symbols" and increase the Symbol Size to 8 pt or 10 pt.

HIC

Image1.png

kedarumrikar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Many Thanks for the input ...cheers