Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II

open extern qv file with a certain sheet

hello community,

is there a possability to open a qv file qith a certain sheets i would like to select

for excample

Company.qvw file has 4 sheets.

1. Sheet - Accounting and Finance

2. Sheet - Logistics

3. Sheet - Sales

4. Sheet - HR

what i like to do is, clicking on a button which opens the Company.qvw file and at the same time the sheet Sales. I know that i can create a button and select as action open external file or open sheet. but how can i combine both?

12 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

1.create your button to open the Company.qvw

2. Create On Open Trigger > Layout Activate Sheet with Sheets - Sales ID in Sheet ID

thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

what do u exactly mean with ur 2. advice?

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

In the Company.qvw, go to 'Document Properties> triggers

1. Document Event Triggers - select 'OnOpen'

2. Add Action - Add - Action Type 'Layout', Action ' Activate Sheet' - enter your sheetID for Sales.etc

When the document is opened the trigger will open the Sales Sheet

thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Oh ok thank you!!

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Let me know if it works for you!

thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hmm it does not really work. i actually have 2 qv files.

1. File Company.qvw with

1. Sheet - Accounting and Finance

2. Sheet - Logistics

3. Sheet - Sales

4. Sheet - HR

2. File Company Analysis.qvw

1 . Sheet - Finance Calculation

2. Sheet - Production Calculation

3. Sheet - Marketing Calculation

what i exactly want is to jump from Company.qvw 3. Sheet - Sales to Company Analysis.qvw 3. Sheet Marketing Calculation by clicking on the buttom in the Sales Sheet which connect me directly to Companay Analysis.qvw - Marketing Calculation.

I m sorry about bothering u. maybe i m just a bit too stupid for it. but i followed ur advice and it opens me any sheet in Company Anaylsis,qvw instead of linking me directly to the Marketing Calculation

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Please see the attached example

thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

unfortunetely your excamlpe is not working. if u open analysis,qvw and just click on the sheet finance calculation and go back to company.qvw and click on the button, it will not link me to finance calculation sheet and not marketing calculation. qlikview is saving the sheet on which u were working at last.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Correct, It would only work when you closed the analysis sheet again. Would it be simpler to  combine the 2 qvw into 1?