Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about set analysis

Hi,

I am using the set analysis to implement my task and I have found out some unlogical features.

My task is as follows: on the one hand a user must be able to select the needed brands in a list box and make some analysis based on these brands, on the other hand a user must always see TOP-10 brands on the screen regardless of his/her choice in the list box.

I decided that set analysis is the best tool to solve the task. In order to calculate top 10 brands I use the expression:

if (Rank(Sum( {$<Brands>} [Budget] ))<=10, Sum({$<Brands>} [Budget] ),0) .

Then I activate the option 'supress when value is null'.

But the brands with null value are not being supressed. So, I can't show TOP-10 brands only.

Please see the file attached.

Could you please help to find out how I can supress nulls?

Larisa Filonova

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The fields in the document you posted do not contain null values.

Instead of your if statement you can also use Dimension Limits or a set analysis expression like Sum({$<Brands={"=rank(sum({<Brands=>}Budget))<11"}>} [Budget] )

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I prefer a set expression to Dimension Limits. But if I change my if statement to the suggested expression: Sum({$<Brands={"=rank(sum({<Brands=>}Budget)<11)"}>} [Budget] ) then TOP-10 brands are not distinguished, and the budget of all other brands is calculated too. Please see the file attached.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.