cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arsalan
Contributor
Contributor

unable to transfer qualification badge to Mozilla backpack

Hi, I've just passed my business analyst qualification exam and was rewarded with the badge. However, when I attempt to transfer this badge onto Moizzila backpack in order to link it to my LinkedIn profile I'm unable to do so.  

I've already created and verified my email on Mozzila Backpack but when I attempt to set a connection from the Backpack settings in Qlik I get the error "cannot send verification email". If I return to the page it shows "status: verification pending", but this has been pending for well over two hours now. I've tried to search the web for a solution but could not find one. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Christina_Voigt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @Arsalan,

I apologize for the delayed response on this question.  Unfortunately, we have only recently identified this issue.  Mozilla Backpack was retired on August 22, 2019 and badges should now be hosted in Badgr Backpack.

Below are instructions for anyone who would like to share their badge on LinkedIn or a badge backpack.  If you have any further questions about this process, please do not hesitate to email education@qlik.com for a more timely response.  

1. Log in to qcc.qlik.com
  2. Click on your name in the top right corner
  3. Click on “My Badges”
  4. Select your badge.
  5. Copy the URL from the address bar and/or download .png your badge.

Adding your badge to LinkedIn:

1. Log in to linkedin.com
  2. Click on 'Me' from the header; then View Profile.
  3. Scroll down to Licenses & Certifications and click on the 'plus' symbol
    1. If you don't already have this section, you can add it by clicking on 'Add profile section' > 'plus' symbol next to Licenses & Certifications
  4. Enter the following:
    1. Name of your certification, found on your QCC My Badge page
    2. Issuing Organization - Qlik
    3. Issue Date - Month and Year you earned your badge
    4. Credential URL - URL copied from your badge page in the QCC (as outlined above)
  5. Click Save.

Adding your badge to a badge backpack:

1. Go to badgr.com
  2. Sign up for backpack services here. Preferably use the email address that your Qlik ID is linked to.
    1. If sign up with a different email address, you can always add the email address linked to your Qlik iD by going to Account > Profile > enter email address > Add.
  3. A verification email will be sent to you. You must click on the verification link in the email to connect your email address to your backpack.
  4. Click on 'Backpack' from the header.
  5. Click on 'Add Badge'
  6. Copy/paste URL from QCC or upload the badge .png

To learn more about downloading and saving a badge you have earned or how to add it to social media, please click the link to watch this video.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Arsalan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

After 5 days of stressing and no response from staff, I've found a solution in order to help others facing the same issue. The problem is that Mozzila backpack has shut down (almost a year ago)and the platform was integrated into Badgr. You'll need to create an account on Badgr.com using the same email address you used when signing up for the Qlik continuos classroom, otherwise it will not upload the badge.

After that, you'll need to download the badge from Qlik onto your computer, then upload it onto Badgr. Hope this helps

Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

Greetings @Arsalan 

Thank you for reaching out to Qlik Education.  We are sorry to hear you had an issue with your Qualification badge.   We recommend sending your questions about the Qualification exam to education@qlik.com, where you will always receive a prompt response.

In the meantime, our Qualification team will review this post and respond back to you if there is any additional information that will be helpful.

Christina_Voigt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @Arsalan,

I apologize for the delayed response on this question.  Unfortunately, we have only recently identified this issue.  Mozilla Backpack was retired on August 22, 2019 and badges should now be hosted in Badgr Backpack.

Below are instructions for anyone who would like to share their badge on LinkedIn or a badge backpack.  If you have any further questions about this process, please do not hesitate to email education@qlik.com for a more timely response.  

1. Log in to qcc.qlik.com
  2. Click on your name in the top right corner
  3. Click on “My Badges”
  4. Select your badge.
  5. Copy the URL from the address bar and/or download .png your badge.

Adding your badge to LinkedIn:

1. Log in to linkedin.com
  2. Click on 'Me' from the header; then View Profile.
  3. Scroll down to Licenses & Certifications and click on the 'plus' symbol
    1. If you don't already have this section, you can add it by clicking on 'Add profile section' > 'plus' symbol next to Licenses & Certifications
  4. Enter the following:
    1. Name of your certification, found on your QCC My Badge page
    2. Issuing Organization - Qlik
    3. Issue Date - Month and Year you earned your badge
    4. Credential URL - URL copied from your badge page in the QCC (as outlined above)
  5. Click Save.

Adding your badge to a badge backpack:

1. Go to badgr.com
  2. Sign up for backpack services here. Preferably use the email address that your Qlik ID is linked to.
    1. If sign up with a different email address, you can always add the email address linked to your Qlik iD by going to Account > Profile > enter email address > Add.
  3. A verification email will be sent to you. You must click on the verification link in the email to connect your email address to your backpack.
  4. Click on 'Backpack' from the header.
  5. Click on 'Add Badge'
  6. Copy/paste URL from QCC or upload the badge .png

To learn more about downloading and saving a badge you have earned or how to add it to social media, please click the link to watch this video.

Wallibee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Recently I received my Qlik Data Architect certificate from certification@qlik.com and I have a question on how I can add this to my LinkedIn profile or Acclaim.

I reviewed  similar issues on the Qlik community for help but not possible for me because I took this certification through other study platform and not the continuous classroom ( which I suppose the badge is issue via this). I created a local account on this continuous classroom long before my preparation for course content but I still can’t find any badge attached to it on the section >my badges 

Is there no other way for private takers to get a  URL link to this certification or a badge ? All I received so far is a PDF and Logo of the certificate via certification@qlik.com. 

Secondly, I tried accessing this achievement via my Acclaim account and it seems completely impossible to add this to my profile on Acclaim either.

what can I do to get this right. 

Thank you and looking forward for to hear from you 

Karen_Origlio
Employee
Employee

Hello Nick,

Congratulations on passing the Qlik Sense Data Architect Certification Exam.

The certification exams have downloadable logos for you to use in your email signature or on your business card. We do not use the Acclaim badging platform or have a mechanism to add a badge to linked in. (The qualification exams have badges, which was what was discussed in Qlik Community.)

For an overview of the difference between Certification & Qualification, please visit the web page on qlik.com. This is the official source of preparation resources for our high stakes exams.

Please email certification@qlik.com is you have additional questions.

Wallibee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you once more for reaching out and I now understand the different between qualifications and certifications. This has cleared my confusion on the badge issues.