Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Certification in India

I am planning to go for QlikView Certification. I am from India. I was planning to do it personally and directly (not via any partner or so), but I am finding it very difficult when it comes to paying Pearson VUE. I contacted them and they told me that they can only take payment in USD (in their American bank account). I talked to my bank and they listed me a not-so-easy procedure for the payment. Could you people from India - who have done the certification or have idea by any means- how things actually work. Do I have to go through any partner or any other easier way that would not make me go through such USD payment hassle?

Would appreciate any help.

jagan‌ , sunindia‌ - could you please help?

Thanks

Amit

20 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Check this link

Qlik :: Pearson VUE

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan,

In the FAQ pdf from Qlik, it says that Debit card is not accepted. How did you pay? Through Credit or Debit card?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Long back I had this, I think it is Credit Card.

Regards,

Jagan.

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Amit

If you follow this link

Pearson VUE Test Vouchers - Qlikview Testing

and than click the Asia-Pacific region

Capture.PNG

you'll see a form you can download and fill in. The form accepts all the following payment methods:

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Agis

Not applicable
Author

I believe there is a way of direct payment (may be not related to Voucher) like Jagan suggested - using Debit/Credit cards. I am more interested on that procedure. How it goes -

1. I pay the amount using the card
  2. They send me....
  3. They ....
  4. ...??
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi again Amit

The direct payment option that you describe, will only work if your debit card is a VISA DEBIT card. Otherwise, the system won't accept it.

Alternatively, you can use an AmEx or MasterCard card as well.

Thanks

Agis

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Amit, I don't think it's very complicated (if you have a credit Card, which I assume you have).

- Go to the pearson vue site

Qlik :: Pearson VUE

- create an Login account

- Select the exam you want to take

-Select the date and Location offered in your Region

You should be asked for payment (credit card) data somewhere along this path.

Finally, you get an email with a booking confirmation, then you attend the exam etc.

It's mostly like visiting any online shop.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

Dear Amit,

Thank you for your posting and we are sorry you are experiencing an issue in paying for your test.  I would recommend checking the Certification Guide that was posted earlier.  I have also alerted our Certification Manager and they will be reaching out to you. 

Thanks,
Sarah Miller

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Stefan. I too thought that it should not be much complicated. But eventually it got so when I tried generating a voucher, the regional people were in touch with me over mail. I found it difficult to pay for voucher, so I was thinking of direct online payment in vain; I could not get a clear picture there. I am not sure if there is any regional benefit in voucher method that could drive them to insist people to go for voucher method or it was my potential understanding issue.

However, now it's much clear now. Thanks once again.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sarah.