Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView License and Server Installations.

My project has production and test environments which are as specified below:

PRODUCTION
Software SpecWindows Server 2012 R2 64-bit x64 Enterprise
MS SQL Enterprise 2012 64-bit with BI
Microsoft Office 2010
Adobe Acrobat Reader 10
WinZip 18.5
QlikView 11.2 SR9 EE Server
QlikView Publisher*
QlikView PDF Report Distribution Service**

TEST [SIT-UAT]
Software SpecWindows Server 2012 R2 64-bit x64 Enterprise
MS SQL Enterprise 2012 64-bit with BI
Microsoft Office 2010
Adobe Acrobat Reader 10
WinZip 18.5
QlikView 11.2 SR9 EE Test Server***
QlikView Publisher*
QlikView PDF Report Distribution Service**

In test server, do we need to have Publisher and PDF add-on installed?

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Only you can answer that question. Do you need Publisher and PDF add-on in your test environment?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I agree with Gysbert, it depends on if you need to test publisher tasks and separate them from the production environment. Same goes for the PDF add-on. I am however not so sure about you running the MS SQL Enterprise on the same machine as Publisher and the QlikView Server. Of course depending on when tasks are run and and quite a few other factors running Publisher and QlikView Server on the same machine could be bad enough.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Gysbert and Nils for the quick response. They were indeed very helpful.

I will go ahead with having Publisher and PDF add-on in Test Server as well since these functionalities also needs to be tested before moving to the Production environment.

The production environment consists of 2 servers which we classify as a Reporting Server which has the QlikView Server, Publisher and PDF add-on installed and a DB Server which has the SQL Server installed. There are only few dashboards which we will be developing initially and and these reports or dashboards have got small to medium data load. However, as we move on to larger data and more number of reports and dashboards in future, we thought of splitting the QV Server and Publisher into 2 separate machines. I hope this setup will do good.