Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpd121993
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview Certification Guidence

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Qlikview and would like to prepare for Qlikview Certification. I have around 1+ years of experience into IT Business Intelligence & worked on 1 Project in Qlikview.

Is it possible for me to clear the certification at this level of experience.

Few questions -

1. Which certification should I aim for Designer or Developer ?

2. Which is the latest version certification is offering, Qlikview 11 or something else ?

3. Which book, reference material I should study ? Can you please help me with online links and book names?

4. How to register for certification?

5. What is the certification cost and passing score ?

6. What kind of benefits I can get in the market with this certification ?

7. Do we know if we have new Qlikview version planned in near future ? Will my certification be valued if new version comes in?

Please help me understand this process. Thanks in advance.

Darshan Dubeyt | BI Consultant & Developer
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Most of your questions are answered on our website:

http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlikview-certification

Extra info by some points:

1: Developer and Administrator. Forget about Designer unless your boss tells you to get it.

2: QlikView 12

4: See above website link

5: US$ 250, passing scores differ per exam

6: Without a certificate you are just another person who claims to know what (s)he is talking about

7: QV 12.x is currently being tested. Value of everything in life depends on what the market is asking for at that moment. I assume (I repeat assume) QV11 and QV11.2 certificates are still wildly accepted, but QV10 is 6 year old so....

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Most of your questions are answered on our website:

http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlikview-certification

Extra info by some points:

1: Developer and Administrator. Forget about Designer unless your boss tells you to get it.

2: QlikView 12

4: See above website link

5: US$ 250, passing scores differ per exam

6: Without a certificate you are just another person who claims to know what (s)he is talking about

7: QV 12.x is currently being tested. Value of everything in life depends on what the market is asking for at that moment. I assume (I repeat assume) QV11 and QV11.2 certificates are still wildly accepted, but QV10 is 6 year old so....

dpd121993
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your helpful answer. My Experience is relevant to certification.? Is there any sample papers to prepare for certification//

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If you go to our training website and look around, there is a test that will give you an indication of what training you would use. It uses the same type of questions as the exam. If you do not need training, you probably have enough experience / knowledge for the exam.

So take those tests.

dpd121993
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

OK thanks for your concern

Not applicable

hi Dharsan. Did u find any dumps for the Qv_certification.?

Not applicable

@onno van HI Onna. In online some of them selling qlikview dumps for around £50. do u recommend to buy and practice before exam?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

There are dumps from the old exam going around.

A) It is illegal to spread the questions in the exam, so please let us know who is (still) sharing them.

B) They are most likely of the previous version of the exam, so even if you would participate in this illegal activity, you are wasting your money on the wrong questions.