Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Unable to add Compose server

Hi,

I have Qlik Replicate (6.6.0.177), Compose for DW (6.6.0.104), Compose for DL (6.6.0.234), and Enterprise Manager (6.6.0.248), all installed on the same Windows Server machine for demo purposes.

I've just installed Enterprise Manager and I was able to add Qlik Replicate, using the following information:

- Type: Replicate

- Host: localhost

- Port: 443

- Username: serverName\qdi

- Pass: *******

Now I would like to add Compose to Enterprise Manager, so I've tried with the same information:

- Type: Compose

Unfortunately, I receive the error : AEM-E-SERAUTHINVALD, The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized

The user specified in the connection information is an admin user in Compose, and I'm able to use it to connect to the webui.

What connection information should be used to connect to Compose ?

How can I add Compose for DW and Compose for DL in Enterprise Manager ?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Thiebaud

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

For information, I've fixed it doing the following 2 things:

1. In the Local Group Policy Editor of Windows Server, go to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options, and change the value of "Network security: LAN Manager authentication level" to "Send NTLMv2 response only: refuse LM & NTLM"

2. In regedit, right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0 and add a Multi-String Value named "BackConnectionHostNames" with my QDI "customDomainName.tld" as value

This need to disable LoopbackCheck is only needed if everything is installed on the same machine, which will of course not be the case in a production environment.

Thanks

Best regards,

Thiebaud

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

AEM works with Compose for Data Lakes, but not Compose for Data Warehouses.

What is the Compose your are trying to connect ?

===

- Type: Compose

===

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Steve_Nguyen 

Thank you for your quick answer.

If Compose for DW is not supported by Enterprise Manager, I would like to add Compose for DL to see what the product functionalities are.

Everything is installed on the same server, which means that I access the different products using the following URLs:

https://customDomainName.tld/attunityreplicate/6.6.0.177/#!/tasks

https://customDomainName.tld/attunitycompose_datawarehouses/6.6.0.104/#!/ 

https://customDomainName.tld/attunitycompose_datalakes/6.6.0.234/#!/ 

https://customDomainName.tld/attunityenterprisemanager/6.6.0.248/#!/servers 

What should I fill in the Compose connection information in Enterprise Manager ? Am I supposed to use the port 443 on localhost or not ?

Thanks

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

from the AEM console you can just add the Compose DL.

customDomainName.tld ,,

this is for the server, and on port 443 .

make sure you select type : Compose 

- note you may see a warning that your AEM need to upgrade, as normally AEM need to be on newer version then Replicate and Compose.

Thanks,

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

That's exactly what I've tried, but unfortunately I receive the "AEM-E-SERAUTHINVALD, The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized" error.

Is it in the roadmap to add support for Compose DW in Enterprise Manager ?

Thanks

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

1. for Compose DW, you should open a feature request to have it support :

To get started please see our article: "Getting Started with Ideas": https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Insight-Blog/Getting-Started-with-Ideas/ba-p/1684011

====

2. for the compose DL, try the below:

From the AEM server, open a browser, and login to your Compose DL, 

- on upper right corner , you should see the sever name and user that login.
example : abcserver.qliktech.com   mydomain\Steve (Admin)

---

on the same browser, new tab, open the AEM UI, click on add server.
- set type to compose, provide name.
- on host - set the Compose server, in my example : abcserver.qliktech.com
- port 443
- username : mydomain\Steve
- type in your password and test.

it should be successful and able to add the Compose FL server.

ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

For information, I've fixed it doing the following 2 things:

1. In the Local Group Policy Editor of Windows Server, go to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options, and change the value of "Network security: LAN Manager authentication level" to "Send NTLMv2 response only: refuse LM & NTLM"

2. In regedit, right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0 and add a Multi-String Value named "BackConnectionHostNames" with my QDI "customDomainName.tld" as value

This need to disable LoopbackCheck is only needed if everything is installed on the same machine, which will of course not be the case in a production environment.

Thanks

Best regards,

Thiebaud

jonna
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Steve_Nguyen  did anything happen with regards to QEM being able to manage Compose DW servers?  Any reason why it is in place for Compose DL and not Compose DW?

We could do with a one-stop shop !