Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgraywex
Contributor
Contributor

How to solve file import error: "attempt to write a readonly database"

Hi,

I am trying to import an updated user config via JSON file based on documentation here (see bottom of page in link):

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/May2022/Content/EnterpriseManager/Main/Installation/L...

I run the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Attunity\Enterprise Manager\bin\aemctl.exe" repository import_acl -f C:\path\to\import_file.json

The command fails with the following error:

ACL Import operation failed (reason: attempt to write a readonly database
attempt to write a readonly database)
Command ImportAclRepositoryCommand failed.
attempt to write a readonly database
attempt to write a readonly database

What do I need to do to make this "database" writable and allow this import to be successful?

When I do an export it works just fine (makes sense as it would be a read option I suppose).

Thank you

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

Make sure that your run the command prompt as administrator (right click run as administrator) then try the command again.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

Make sure that your run the command prompt as administrator (right click run as administrator) then try the command again.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!