Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raresagachi
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble Creating Active Directory User Directory Connector with Qlik-Cli PowerShell Module

Hello, Qlik Community!

I'm currently facing an issue while trying to create an Active Directory user directory connector in Qlik Enterprise Manager using the qlik-cli PowerShell module. I've referred to the User Directory Connectors documentation, which states that the name of the type of user directory I'm trying to create can be either "Active Directory" or "Microsoft Active Directory."

However, when using the qlik-cli module, I'm encountering two primary problems:

  1. -type Parameter: The -type parameter, which is supposed to accept a string value of either "Active Directory" or "Microsoft Active Directory," doesn't seem to work with these values. When I attempt to use these values, I receive an error.

  2. -settings Parameter: The -settings parameter is of type object, and I'm unsure about the correct way to provide the required settings when creating the user directory connector.

I want to apologize if this is the wrong thread or discussion, as I'm not very familiar with the forum. I'm here seeking help from the Qlik community because I value your expertise.

I have consulted the New-QlikUserDirectory documentation, but it only provides the syntax and does not offer specific guidance on how to correctly set the -type and -settings parameters for creating an Active Directory user directory connector.

Has anyone successfully used the qlik-cli PowerShell module to create an Active Directory user directory connector? If so, could you please provide some guidance on how to overcome these issues?

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance or insights on how to properly configure the -type and -settings parameters when using the qlik-cli module for this task.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raresagachi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello again,

This was indeed not a Qlik issue, but a Qlik-Cli issue. I managed to found a solution for this problem. For anyone wondering how to fix it, you should create an User Directory Connector directly from the QMC, and then search the type/settings parameter using Get-QlikUserDirectory for the said created User Directory. The syntax is found in the documentation.

The solution for the -type parameter, in this case, (creating an Active Directory type User Directory Connector) was using it like this: $udcType = 'Repository.UserDirectoryConnectors.LDAP.ActiveDirectory'.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

Could you please open a case for this issue and attach the detailed information of the steps you are performing and the api you are using so we can better understand the problem and further troubleshoot it. 

Thanks & regards,

Orit

raresagachi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello again,

This was indeed not a Qlik issue, but a Qlik-Cli issue. I managed to found a solution for this problem. For anyone wondering how to fix it, you should create an User Directory Connector directly from the QMC, and then search the type/settings parameter using Get-QlikUserDirectory for the said created User Directory. The syntax is found in the documentation.

The solution for the -type parameter, in this case, (creating an Active Directory type User Directory Connector) was using it like this: $udcType = 'Repository.UserDirectoryConnectors.LDAP.ActiveDirectory'.